Vice President, Government & Public Affairs
Denmark, Billund; United Kingdom
Are you a driven, naturally curious storyteller with anchored and trusted relationships within Government & Public Affairs seeking a change in the conversation?‘Only the best is good enough.” Do you have what it takes to join the LEGO family on a unique and powerful journey always striving for better and always doing more to nourish children’s play today and for all the tomorrow’s yet to come?
Core ResponsibilitiesThe global Government and Public Affairs team communicates, curates and safeguards LEGO’s unique position as the world's leading company around children’s play, while building strong and enduring relationships with our key partners across the globe.
The role will focus on helping to strengthen our brand heritage and reputation with policy makers, influencers and core partners ensuring our approach in style and execution is driven with focus and global consistency.
Reporting into the Chief People Officer and as part of the core leadership team, this individual will:
• Provide strategic direction and a tangible way forward that is rooted in the LEGO Idea Paper that binds us together in our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow”.
• Share the LEGO Brand Vision and spirit with our core partners to bring to life essential life skills and personalized play that fosters deep social engagement for families and children through a sustainable approach within the LEGO group.
• Demonstrate thoughtful leadership of the global GPA team to ensure crystal focus on the right priorities and the right capabilities required to deliver against this agenda.
• Relish in being a trusted advisor to LEGO’s leadership team and providing continual policy and risk analysis on an ongoing basis.
• Development of a globally coherent GPA strategy for all LEGO Branded Entities that leverages the total value proposition of all LEGO Branded entities/partnerships.
• Develop and oversee a strategic advocacy program that delivers impactful platforms engaging key stakeholders on issues and topics of priority to the LEGO Brand.
• Actively engages and foster key relationships with the Executive Leadership teams in the LEGO Group, LEGO Education, the LEGO Foundation and Kirkbi when relevant.
Play your part in our team succeedingGovernment & Public Affairs (GPA) is an important enabler of the growth and globalization of the LEGO Group and the LEGO Brand.
We work towards a favorable legislative and regulatory environment through comprehensive issue management and maintenance.
We deliver a public affairs program that builds reputation, goodwill and political capital with regulators, politicians, interest groups, NGOs and the local communities establishing the LEGO Group as a leader in the toy industry as well as a global leader in Learning Through Play.
Building upon our overall purpose to champion learning through play, we position the LEGO Group and the LEGO Brand as a global leader and respected and responsible company and brand by sharing our purpose, ambitions, results and expertise in a manner that is relevant and compelling to our stakeholders.
Do you have what it takes?• University degree at Masters-level in relevant area (ex. political science, international relations, law, communication)
• A stand out leader of people with a clear vision of excellence within the G&PA landscape expanding over 15+ years.
• Solid judgement in assessing business risks that balances factors and considerations whilst always maintaining the integrity of the overall business strategy and core values.
• Significant global experience with demonstrable cultural agility and high interpersonal skills used to influence with expression and candor.
• The ability to leverage an existing network of relationships with key stakeholders (media, government, etc.) with an appreciation of diversity of thought and a proven track record of navigating an internal/external stakeholder landscape as a trusted advisor to the LEGO leadership team and the LEGO family.
• A variety of industry backgrounds will be considered - consumer product industry, public affairs, consultancy, business consultancy, authorities, technology, digital etc…
• Curious: An inquiring mind that cultivates thinking without judgement
• Focus: Driven around what’s right and not what is easy in building solid foundations for the future
• Brave: A natural storyteller that fosters relationships for the good
• Advanced English
• An additional language would be ideal also
Join the global LEGO® familyThe LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
Billund, Denmark; London, United Kingdom