Solution Architect, BI Front-end
Would you be up for bringing your front-end business intelligence experience and strategic attitude to our company, directly contributing to our Data & Analytics journey at The LEGO Group?
Bring your agile attitude and your front-end experience into play in a creative environment focusing on high usability data solutions for our internal user community.
• Develop and maintain the overall technical architecture and standards for the Front-end systems landscape
• Contribute toward evolving the company’s analytical self-service/ad hoc reporting capabilities
• Play a leading role in assessing and leading performance optimization efforts
• Develop documentation principles and chip in with input to governance concepts making them as significant and minimum viable as possible
• Develop prototypes in various BI tools for capability assessment and demonstrations
• Work with business partners and our agile product teams on resolving platform production defects and performance issues
• Accountable for the Front-end Solution Architecture, stability and sustainability
• Maintain and drive the software lifecycle management roadmaps and is the main POC and driver of Executing and Communicating on these
• Act as licence champion for the key front-end tools – actively participating in vendor discussions together with Procurement
• Develop ongoing methods to deliver BI governance metrics (i.e. usage, memory, space, queries, etc.)
• Lead all aspects of co-sponsoring training concepts across the organization with regards to the front-end domain
• Monitor the industry landscape to keep visibility on evolutions, trends, and benchmarks
Play your part in our team succeeding
Being part of the Business Technology organization, we are dedicated to moving The LEGO Group forward towards becoming a data-driven company. By using our Front-end landscape and a rapidly evolving Big Data platform, we build business value by providing the right technical BI solutions for our business and disciplines via a high usability/UX oriented approach.
The BI Front-end Architect provides functional, technical and strategic leadership and is a vital component in evaluating and improving the design of our existing and planned Front-end Business Intelligence landscape (SAP Business Warehouse/Business Objects (BOBJ) / SAP Analytics Cloud, Tableau, Power BI).
Do you have what it takes?
• A degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar
• At least 3-5 years of experience working with business intelligence front-end solutions in a global organization, very strong working knowledge of the SAP BI landscape
• Experience working in an Agile setup, understands and comfortably uses Scrum artefacts and processes
• Large-scale direct exposure to user communities, active involvement is communication and engagement efforts
• Fact oriented with personal drive and practical approach to problem solving
• Delivery oriented, eager to get things done
• Good at communicating and forming relationships cross-department
• Passionate about data and raising data literacy
• Involvement in strategic planning, maintaining Roadmap compliance
• Experience with Big Data methods, topologies and tools, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc., preferred
• Recognized as a teammate, looked up to as a person in previous team instalments
• Proficient English
Join the global LEGO® family
Come and join the LEGO Family! With over 40 different nationalities across The LEGO Group, our international environment promotes individuality and inclusion and we want you to shine. We strive to leave a positive impact on our planet and run amazing initiatives through our Planet Promise, just check out at our ambitious targets and investments for sustainable LEGO bricks and wind energy to name a few. Working for The LEGO Group is more than just a job, it is a place to grow and thrive, to play a part in building a sustainable future and “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.” – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
Bringing it to life
“Our aspiration is to secure we have relevant, high quality and high usability Data solutions for our user community in The LEGO Group. In this role you will contribute to the delivery of end to end BI Product solutions in close collaboration with partners in the business, Indian off-shore BI/BW developers and colleagues within the Technology organization. Together with the rest of the team you will innovate, design and build awesome BI solutions for the future.”