Senior Tax Manager, India (Location: Singapore)
Are you interested in providing strong tax advice to business entities and ensure the appropriate tax stewardship?Bring your India tax advisory expertise in this fun and energizing organization, The LEGO Group! You will provide solid tax advisory to the business and play a pivotal role in highlighting strategic focus on taxes.
Core Responsibilities• Evaluate and advise general day-to-day matters and on the tax impact for projects and ad hoc advisories in the business for India project conceptualization and implementation phase. Support the implementation phase and work closely with Planning & Structuring tax team and the business.
• Strong link to Tax Operations & Compliance team to ensure tax governance and support in the development of processes for compliance.
• Tax Risk & opportunity finding and work with Planning & Structuring team (and other tax teams) to assure the mitigation plan is pursued.
• Monitor India local legislation ensuring we are on top of all local legislations impacting the LEGO Group. This includes (together with Tax Policy Director) ensuring inputs are provided to legislators so we can live up to our tax responsibility agenda of proactively supporting sustainable tax rules.
Play your part in our team succeedingGlobal Strategic Tax & Customs is the tax organization with overall accountability for taxes all over the world including customs, indirect tax, etc. We are a very small department of 20 people and hope to grow the team this year to 24 people.
The function reports to the Group CFO and within this global tax function there are 4 functions – a Business Tax Advisory function, a Tax Policy & Controversy function, a Planning & Structuring function and a Tax Governance function.
Tax Operations & Compliance are handled in a separate and team which is part of our BSO team (Business Service Operations).
The Senior Tax Manager, India is a role within the Business Tax Advisory (“BA”) team. Over half of the department are in the BA function - the team consists of 11 generalists (to be grown to 14 this year) spread all over the world (Mexico, US, UK, Singapore, China).
The role is to be close to the business, advise the business on different projects and help creating visibility on taxes and lifting the strategic focus on taxes.
The Business Advisory (BA) team is the tax front office for The LEGO Group (TLG). Able to serve day-to-day tax queries as well as TLG projects, the BA team is aware when to escalate issues and involve the rest of the tax organization.
The BA team is responsible for the local tax knowledge and the local tax regulation monitoring.
The BA team executes sample controls and health checks to assure the quality of tax compliance is in line with the Governance Framework as directed by the Tax Governance function.
The BA team has the responsibility to evaluate & discover local tax risks, inform the Planning & Structuring team on tax risks and help implementing action plans to mitigate tax risks or perceive tax opportunities as per directions of the P&S team.
The BA team is also the first point of contact in case of tax audits, queries from tax authorities and day-to-day business relationships and is able to take decisions based on directions given by the Tax Policy and Controversy function and escalate to the rest of the tax organization when appropriate.
Do you have what it takes?• The LEGO Group requires the position to have the following license or certification: Master of Laws, CPA, Certified Tax Agent or JD. The position typically requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 7 years of work experience in Tax
• The role is a generalist tax role covering all taxes including employment taxes, customs, direct and indirect taxes
• Law firm or Accounting Firm experience is relevant
• Willingness to travel Internationally
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• In-house experience is preferred but not a requirement
• SAP knowledge is preferred
• Able to adapt to the new way of working environment with open offices and flexible seating
Join the global LEGO® familyThe LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“Working in Strategic Tax & Customs is exciting and a challenging environment, working with a forward thinking and talented team, in a culture and organisation which is totally awesome.” -Peter Sand, Head of Tax Governance