Senior Engineer - Post Processing Additive Manufacturing
Are you ready to take on the role of Post Processing Additive Manufacturing (AM) expert?Take this opportunity to play a vital role in the incorporation of new AM technologies for large scale production.
Core ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior Engineer - Post Processing Additive Manufacturing (PP AM) your role is to help driving the industrialization of our chosen technologies. You will be responsible for identifying and testing chosen PP AM technologies, and drive the implementation of those in a production environment. Moreover, your main responsibilities will be:
• Drive our focus on process integration and automation, particularly within Post Processing.
• Analyze and implement an efficient work processes and procedure in connection with other AM technologies and LEGO processes.
• Identify and develop standard methodologies for ensure quality in the AM production area.
• Collaborate closely with Process and Material engineers, as well as Designers and Technicians to ensure the best processes are implemented.
• Collaborate and drive suppliers to develop chosen technologies towards LEGO’s requirements.
Play your part in our team succeedingBased from our office in Billund, you will join our Additive Design & Manufacturing team. We are a diverse team focusing on the research and development of design methodologies and technologies, production technologies, materials, and applications. We are mainly focusing on polymer AM production for different applications and with different stakeholders.
The team’s aim is to push and drive the AM industry and its technologies towards true large scale production.
Do you have what it takes?You are analytical, scientific and goal-oriented, with a natural ability to gain a deep understanding of the machines and the AM processes. You are a great teammate with good communication skills that enable you to build positive relationships, and you know how to convey a clear message to those around you. Likewise, you are innovative and imaginative as you will need to think out of the box to develop new processes and approaches to technology. Lastly, we expect you to have:
• A master’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar
• 3-5 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering and machine development, or similar.
• Experience with additive manufacturing and post processing automation is a strong advantage
• Shown experience in working with external suppliers and driving development and implementation of technologies in a production environment.
• Speak and write English at a high level
Join the global LEGO familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group:
“This is the absolute best place for you to innovate, challenge and develop new knowledge. You get to work with and have impact on the newest AM technologies, giving you the chance to influence the future of the entire industry,” says Ronen Hadar, Director, Additive Design & Manufacturing.