Senior Applied Machine Learning Engineer
Do you enjoy utilising data, algorithms and code together to create awesome cloud-based services?Are you passionate about designing and developing data intensive applications and are you a developer with experience in applying ML algorithms in productive environments? If yes, you should join our team!
Your tasks include:• Design and deliver solutions based on cloud technologies and stakeholder requirements, e.g. Image and video recognition and text classification solutions.
• Building production ready automated solutions that combines data capture, ML algorithms and data serving.
• Design, implement, monitor and support scalable machine learning and data solutions in AWS.
• Share knowledge with the other data engineers in LEGO and act as a mentor for the other engineers in the team.
• Ensure that functionality and design meet best practice and LEGO Business requirements .
• Help operate and support current running solutions together with the rest of the team.
• Automate algorithms and processes developed by advanced analytics and business teams.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe global Data Engineering team consists of 20+ talented internal and external people spread out globally, with this role sitting in the Data Products and Analytics team in our LEGO head office in Billund. Our Data Engineering unit create solutions for all areas in the LEGO Group.
As applied ML engineer you will work within a cross functional team that uses a combination of code and cloud services to build ML products, with full-stack responsibility of solutions. The team collaborates closely with our data management and advanced analytics teams to fulfil the high priority goal of making the LEGO group more data driven in the future.
Do you have what it takes?You have experience with cloud services and have tried to build full ML solutions in production systems. We imagine you have a degree in software engineering, Computer Science or similar with some years of experience. Also, you enjoy working with the combination of code and data modelling to produce quality solutions.
We are currently working with technologies like S3, HDFS, python, Spark, Gitlab, AWS Lambdas, Docker and Tensorflow, but we are constantly looking for new possibilities for improving our stack.
To succeed in this role, you have:• Experience working with distributed computing.
• Experience with building, deploying and supporting full scale applied Machine Learning products.
• Experience with general software development in Python and Scala or Java.
• Strong knowledge around software design and coding best practices.
• A desire to learn new skills and technologies.
• A focus on keeping deadlines and proactively delivering high quality results.
• Experience with cloud services, preferable AWS products.
• Great communication skills and a passion for working with colleagues and stakeholders.
Bringing it to Life
Build your career as a key part LEGO Data Engineering team. As this is an area of focus and priority, you will get the opportunity to dive into the different business areas we work with and help business utilize data as a key strategic asset for 2019 and beyond.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call head of Data Products and Analytics, Christian Laasby Ladefoged on tel. +45 40 81 68 26.
This position was posted 04-06-2019 and may be online up to ten weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.