LCS Store Construction Manager Assistant Manager-Construction
Are you an expert in retail expansion who is passionate about ensuring a LEGO standard retail format delivered to the market within agreed timeframe and cost effectively?Here’s a fantastic opportunity for you to be a part of our China Sales team in the LEGO® Group to help expand our LEGO China LCS channels.
Your tasks will include:Overall Store Opening quality and cost control, and local relevance primary driver
• Manage new opening project from the moment the space has been identified through the opening and handoff to facilities.
• Provide inputs and insight to store design in order to make good use of the space and balance out the sales output and play experience set up in the store;
• Work with global construction team to find out the best local solution on in-store materials selection and achieve from cost effectiveness and high quality standard.
• Follow through the key steps of new store opening from construction, fixture installation and product display to make sure a timely delivery of store opening.
• Ensure the critical criterial are meet for each opening, i.e fire permit, PVC free, Kids safety, etc.
• Driver of local relevant elements in store, i.e 3D model and LEGO bricks made mosaic wall reflecting local landmark.
Budget and Quality Control
• Manage budgets and schedules (including risks with submissions and FFE delivery), prioritizing early identification of issues and appropriate escalations.
• Manage multiple projects at a time and prioritize workload within the group to ensure that project timelines are met.
• Quality control to ensure excellent brand representations to the customer. In depth knowledge of the details, assemblies, and critical branded elements utilized in the construction of the stores to teach local resources how to execute correctly and ensure high quality results. Support of project reviews, identifying areas for potential improvements.
• Support negotiations to ensure that brand standards are achieved with landlords, franchise partners and local authorities.
• Clear understand brand objectives to effectively communicate local conditions / requirements that would impact the design / branding of the space.
Internal collaboration to impel projects:
• Work across the department to roll out new initiatives and meeting targets.
•Work with global model factory and local certified model builder to plan and deploy local relevant consumer engagement solutions through the build of 3D model and LEGO mosaic wall.
Documentation and process management:
• Manage the construction document process.
• Involve in Due Diligence and Layout to understand lease terms, develop estimates and initial budget, and secure necessary approvals.
• Generate and continuously maintain reporting data for respective projects, reporting to management team per request.
• Manage the submission processes and coordinate the revision process.
• Ensure reviews of international transactional models to support contracting and / or purchase order generation.
• Involve in Construction, Staging and Closeout to insure construction completion and finalize invoicing.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe aim of the LEGO Certified Store (LCS) strategy is to protect the LEGO Brand, increase brand awareness, enhance partner performance, deliver expectational customer service, expand the LEGO business quickly and efficiently while establishing consistency. LCS will be one of the main driver of growth in China and will be expanded.
The LCS Store Construction Manager shall be responsible for the project from the moment the space has been identified through the opening and handoff to facilities. The LCS Store Construction Manager is also a driver for in-store engagement element enhancement and initiating creative ideas to make local relevance on top of standard format.
Do you have what we are looking for?• 5+ years of experience in project management, design and / or construction in highly branded environments.
• Experience in retail and commercial construction / development project.
• 2-3 years international experiences preferred.
• Excellent command of English and Mandarin in writing and speaking.
• Bachelor degree and above in Construction Project Management, Architecture, Engineering and / or a related major.
It would be nice for you to have:
• Skilled in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
• Be familiar with construction industry best practices, building & ADA codes.
• Good team player across diverse disciplines and cultures/time zones.
Join the global LEGO® familyThe LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
It is fascinating to be part of an organization that builds a better tomorrow for children. Although being a support function you are fully aware that your efforts have a huge impact. It is great to be part of immense growth plans and globalization, and that you never know what tomorrow brings.