Junior backend developer
Are you ready to help develop an awesome B2B e-commerce solution as our new junior backend developer?The B2B e-commerce product team innovate, develop and operate e-commerce solutions and you can accelerate your learning by working closely with an experienced developer as your mentor.With this role you will get the opportunity to build your backend developer skills but also have the chance to dive into other technologies.
By joining our team you also get the chance to become part of a tech talent program with focus on your continuous development and the possibility to rotate to other areas if relevant.
Core ResponsibilitiesYou will collaborate closely with your colleagues in the B2B e-commerce team, which is a cross-functional team, ensuring a high quality e-commerce and engagement solution for our B2B customers.
Moreover, as a Junior backend developer you will be:
• Contributing to the development of new features for the B2B e-commerce solution
• Update existing infrastructure code (IaC)
• Investigating and solving operational errors
• Contributing to the continuous improvement of the technology platform – a cloud solution based on serverless microservice architecture including technologies like Elastic Search, Node.js, REST API, No SQL (Dynamo DB) and JVM (java)
• Implementing unit tests for your own developments
Play your part in our team succeedingYou will be part of the bigger B2B Technology team who are responsible for a broader range of solutions facing our sales people, customers and partners. We are organized in autonomous product teams working agile with end-to-end responsibility for our solutions, and we collaborate closely with the teams that drive the ‘Business to Business’ strategy and its execution for the LEGO Group
The B2B e-commerce product team operate, develop and innovate on our B2B e-commerce solution where our customers place orders, download resources and engage with us in a number of other ways.
Do you have what it takes?If you have the flair and passion for technology this is an exciting opportunity to grow your technical skills.
To succeed in this role, we image you have the following competencies:
• A graduate degree in Computer Science or a related technical field is preferred. Functional experience will be considered in place of academic qualifications.
• Experience with one or more cloud solutions is a plus (e.g. AWS, Google or Azure)
• Experience with container technologies, e.g. Docker is a plus
• Experience with REST API design is a plus
• Experience with infrastructure e.g. Terraform or Cloud Formation is a plus
• Experience with working in an agile setup or knowledge hereof
• Interest in security
You might be a newly graduate or have a few years of experience – we are open to both profiles as long as you have the right learning mindset and passion to dive into a new application area.
Personally it is important that you:
• have a passion for technology and are eager to learn new technologies
• have a passion for open source solutions
• display a strong ability to troubleshoot, research, and work through complex problems
• give highest attention to quality and are attentive to detail
• are self-driven as well as an organized team player
• have solid stakeholder management and communication skills
• have a good understanding of business needs and ability to translate into high quality tech solutions
• work with a proactive and positive mindset
• keep calm and maintain an overview in stressful situations
• are proficient in English
Join the global LEGO family
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“Do you want to bring your tech talent and passion into play by helping the LEGO Group improve our global B2B e-commerce and digital customer engagement solution?
This is your opportunity to work with new technologies on a tailormade B2B web shop driven by customer feedback and business needs. Become part of a big IT community and accelerate your learning by working closely with an experienced developer as your mentor.