Global Development Master Data Manager
Would you like to lead a team of master data employees, ensuring that novelty projects have the quality master data that brings LEGO® ideas to life?As a GDM manager, you facilitate collaboration across Innovation Campus and other development areas across the LEGO Group.
Core ResponsibilitiesIn the role as GDM manager, you nurture a creative community of GDM employees who take pride in their everyday work to deliver the world-class master data structures that lay the foundation for new and exciting LEGO toys. We care about delivering quality and believe that collaboration and partnerships are the best ways to achieve this.
Coordinating with a large network of stakeholders and colleagues across the value chain, your role is to:
• Work with employees and stakeholders to ensure high perceived value creation of our department towards stakeholders – this includes proactive stakeholder management and process improvments
• Work with your GDM Leadership colleague to ensure one highly motivated team across the two GDM teams – each team consisting of 9-12 employees.
• Continue senior group development to drive operational excellence – you team includes a number of senior specialist, that you will continue developing to suceed in their role as Catogory Owners.
• Further develop the capability building in GDM, so that we become better at acquiring new skills, learning from shared experience and delivering world class master data.
• Facilitate the making of GDM’s 3-year roadmap to ensure increased outside-in value creation also in the future
• As member of the 6 person leadership team for Master data, Planning and Systems (MPS), you will be contributing to the MPS direction and agenda, and impact across LEGO Product and Marketing Development (PMD)
Play your part in our team succeedingThe Global Development Master Data teams (GDM) is part of the department Master data, Planning and Systems (MPS) combining expertise with master data, model & element planning and IT systems.
GDM consists of 21 employees devided between two teams. We create and maintain master data for product development, to ensure LEGO ideas become a reality for our end consumers.
GDM is responsible for world class development master data as well as master data maintenance, for all novelty and carryover products launched every year. We are part of the novelty projects, and have a broad range of contacts ranging from designers to supply chain.
Do you have what it takes?Promote collaboration and optimisation
Demonstrating enthusiasm, energy and drive in your day-to-day work, you motivate and empower your team by leading by example. Your fierce interest in strategy and your strong prioritisation and planning competencies ensure that you tackle tasks efficiently, and you always follow through to secure results. You have what it takes to lead your team and facilitate change in a complex organisation, because you:
• Have a strong leadership track record of leading empowered teams, good communication skills and business/end2end understanding.
• Are passionate about and experienced in formulating tactical and strategic direction for an area, and putting it into action.
• Have experience in defining capability needs and executing capability building, to ensure that people learn and develop in both known and new arenas.
• Are easy going, and have the ability to engage with all kinds of employees and stakeholders, but also put your strong prioritization and planning competencies into play.
• Experience and passion for building seamless collaboration in and across teams
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and speak and write English fluently
• Preferably have hands-on Agile and/or Continuous Improvement/Lean experience.
• Experience with product master data and ERP systems
• Experience with product development processes
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“You will be empowering your team to succeed with bringing great LEGO products to life, and you will collaborate your way to developing the master data function of the future.”