BSO Accountant- Temporary
At the LEGO Group we collaborate to build an outstanding brand that inspires children, the builders of tomorrow!We are looking for a temporary (3 month) Accountant in our Business Service Operation department who can contribute to our Accounts Receivable department.
Core Responsibilities• Delivering a high-performing, customer- and service-oriented culture
• Responsible in ensuring all the daily transactional tasks are completed on time and support the Team in balancing other ad-hoc tasks
• Primary tasks includes:
• Daily Payment Posting
• Daily report on unallocated funds
• Accurate documentation of Payment Advice from Collection Team
• Raise query on unclear allocation or deviation from remittance advice
• Clearing/Maintaining/Offset Credit Note against Debit amount in Account
• Cheque Processing
• Reconciliation of GLs (AR related)
• Payment/Credit Transfer – moving payments/documents between accounts
• Booking of Doubtful Debts
• Month end Closing Activities
• Audit Confirmation - supporting auditor's requests for Subsequent Receipts
• Your Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with Collection Team to enhance posting and clearing accuracy thus improving efficiency and productivity
• Ensuring the payment posting of your Markets are meeting objectives
• Executing optimization initiatives within own functional areas and ensuring compliance of company policies and procedures
• Maintaining good relationships with senior partners and demanding customers to meet their needs
• Anticipating the service needs from the Order to Cash partners to ensure smooth operations
• Understanding the value of service provided and suggest continuous improvement ideas to enhance productivity and efficiency
Play your part in our team succeedingEntering the LEGO organisation as an Accountant means that you will build your capabilities in a global organization getting hands-on experience with global tasks, day-to-day challenges and via collaboration with the broader organization. You will become part of a new organisational entity, meaning that you will playa meaningful role in defining the AR department of tomorrow. The LEGO ways of working reflects dynamic collaboration, flexible mind-set, coherence and an activity based working approach.
Do you have what it takes?• Accounting/Finance Degree
• 3-5 years of professional working experience, preferably in a related financial role or a position where capabilities are transferable
• Preferably proven working experience in a Shared Service Centre environment
• Good negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve short term wins
• Keeping to the SLA promises and has a sense of urgency
• Knowledge on Lean Management tools is an added advantage
• effectively with good Problem-Solving skill
• Confidence in making informed and justifiable decisions for own functional area
• Be robust, resilient and ability to accept changes + a proactive mind with a can-do attitude
• Inquisitive minds to challenge the current processes and identify waste
• SAP or similar ERP knowledge.
Join the Global LEGO FamilyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident to have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
Bringing it to life
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.