Vice President, Government & Public Affairs
Denmark, Billund; United Kingdom
Are you an experienced global leader within Government & Public Affairs sector that is passionate about influencing external stakeholders to support LEGO’s mission to inspire and develop builders?This an exciting opportunity to help lead a powerful journey around building momentum for Learning Through Play and paving the way for LEGO to reach more children around the world!
An exciting journey ahead:The Government & Public Affairs (GPA) team is an important enabler of the growth and globalization of the LEGO Group and the LEGO Brand. The VP for the area will play a key role in strengthening our brand heritage and reputation with policy-makers, influencers and core partners. Additionally, work closely with internal senior stakeholders incl CEO, Chairman, Owner Family, Other LEGO Entities (Foundation, Education), Exec Leadership Team
Work with a team of roughly 20 passionate professionals dedicated to cultivating a favorable legislative and regulatory environment through comprehensive issue management and maintenance. In addition, you will deliver a public affairs program that builds reputation, goodwill and political capital with regulators, politicians, interest groups, NGOs and the local communities establishing our organization as a leader in the toy industry as well as a global leader in Learning Through Play.
This role will report into our CPO and Head of Corporate Affairs and will be a key member of the large global leadership team.
The impact you can build:• Set the strategic direction and share a global agenda in a tangible way that is rooted in the LEGO Idea Paper that binds us in our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow”.
• Use compelling story-telling to bring our Brand vision and spirit to life with our core partners, and champion life essential skills and personalized play experiences that fosters deep social engagement for families and children through a sustainable approach.
• Demonstrate thoughtful leadership of the global GPA team to ensure crystal focus on the right priorities and the right capabilities required to deliver against this agenda.
• Relish in being a trusted advisor to LEGO’s leadership team and providing continual policy and risk analysis on an ongoing basis.
• Create a globally coherent GPA strategy for all LEGO Branded Entities that utilized the total value proposition of all LEGO Branded entities/partnerships.
• Develop and oversee a strategic advocacy program that delivers impactful platforms engaging key partners on issues and topics of priority to the LEGO Brand.
• Actively engages and foster key relationships with the Executive Leadership teams in the LEGO Group, LEGO Education, the LEGO Foundation and Kirkbi when relevant.
What will already be in your toolbox?• University degree at Masters-level in relevant area (ex. political science, international relations, law, communication)
• A stand out leader of people with a clear and compelling vision within the G&PA landscape for the next 15+ years.
• Strong judgement in assessing business risks that balances factors and considerations whilst always maintaining the integrity of the overall business strategy and core values.
• Significant global experience with proven cultural agility and high interpersonal skills used to influence with expression and candor.
• An existing network of relationships with key media, government, and influential partners. A variety of industry backgrounds will be considered - consumer product industry, public affairs, consultancy, business consultancy, authorities, technology, digital etc…
• An inquiring mind that cultivates thinking without judgement
• Driven around what’s right and not what is easy in building solid foundations for the future
• A natural storyteller that fosters relationships for the good
• Advanced English. An additional language would be a plus.
Join the global LEGO® familyWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
Billund, Denmark; London, United Kingdom