Mechanical Engineering Manager
Would you like to be part of a team that ensures LEGO elements are developed according to the newest knowledge, standards and processes?Bring your technical expertise to the table and take a leading role in creating the next generation of technical robust LEGO elements.
Core Responsibilities· Create robust element design (using e.g. Six Theta methods)
· Capable of working with complex element development (free-form, stress-strain etc)
· Ensuring the LEGO quality by evaluating and reacting on testresults
· Interpret, develop and implement current quality standards in regards to functions, building systems and product safety
· Ensure Design For Manufacturing and Processing
· Prototype testing and verification of material choise, function of elements and product safety
· Ability to question status quo in regards to elements standard, guides, processes etc.
· Ability to motivate and support a highly skilled collouges
· Support the simplification and optimization of the processes that we work with using a holistic view on the value chain.
Creative and curious, innovatorThe Existing Element Platform team creates and gathers input, knowledge and demands from other departments and stakeholders, in order to ensure that LEGO elements continuously are developed according to the newest knowledge, standards and processes.
We ensure that our element developers are capable of creating world class elements at the highest quality that continuously correspond to the newest knowledge, technology, customer demands, product safety, etc.
Do you have what it takes?· Bachelor degree in engineering within the area of plastics, industrial design, and/or mechanics
· Advanced experience within 3D CAD-designing and knowledge/experience with quality assurance
· Advanced experience working cross functional inside a global company is beneficial
· Focused and result oriented – examples/proof of earlier obtained result throughout the working career to be described in application/CV
· Holistically and analytically approach to solving challenges
· Advanced corporation skills in teams – must be able to act responsibly, holistically and with high attention to quality
· 5+ years of experience as an engineer, preferably within plastics, industrial design, and/or mechanics
· Embracing different people and cultures to positively impact business performance
· Demonstrate a consistent and open communication style
· Experienced in CAD work – preferably NX
· Advanced experienced in MS Office or similar
· Flair for learning new things and an ability to communicate this to others
· A can-do-attitude combined with a proactive approach
· English Advanced – C1
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“You get a unique opportunity of being part of the team driving the way we do element development and continuously improve the LEGO bricks”