Head of Marketing LEGO Nordics
Are you an extraordinary leader who is inspiring others? Are you passionate about making a difference to children across the Nordic region? And are you outstanding, when it comes to bringing Marketing Strategies to live?This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong leader, with a solid background in Marketing and the ability to lead change and make an impact on a local, regional and also global level at The LEGO Group.
Your responsibilities will be:Strong Focus on People and Team Development
• Embed and sustain a culture of a collaborative, motivated and high performing Nordic marketing team.
• Support individual development through development plans, ongoing coaching and sparring.
• Recruit and retain talent.
• Deliver on the HR core processes (Annual people reviews, Performance Management, Merit).
• Partner with Marketing Leadership Team to create and implement team motivation & satisfaction action plans.
Drive the Nordic Marketing Strategy and Implementation
• Steer development of the Nordic marketing strategy, building on the global and regional direction.
• Lead the team to deliver best-in-class activation plans to deliver on this strategy, utilizing global toolboxes but also adding the local topspin.
• Ensure we are the leaders and innovators in kids marketing by taking calculated risks, testing & learning, and responding to trends with agility.
• Create an agile marketing culture that acts on insights and responds fast to changing market dynamics.
• Lead the pricing strategy for the Nordic business.
Being responsible for Business Management
• Oversee P&L for department – set and manage operating & marketing expenses in line with targets.
• Monitor business performance – implement contingency plans or corrective actions when appropriate.
• Dynamically manage priorities against resources and budget.
Be part of the Nordic & Pan-European Leadership
• Member of the Nordic Leadership Team, involved in setting the Business Unit business direction and driving the people agenda.
• Represent Nordic in the WEMF (Western Europe Marketing Forum) to drive stronger pan-European collaboration, best practice sharing and address WE-specific opportunities & issues.
• Develop and maintain relationships with licensed, media and promotional partners.
• Facilitate a strong collaboration between the WE regional and Nordic marketing teams.
Challenges and OpportunitiesThe Nordic Marketing Department is responsible for creating and fostering consumer demand for the LEGO Group in Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland by converting consumer, shopper and market insights into compelling, creative, and innovative marketing activation plans that remain grounded in a strong commercial understanding and takes a starting point in the company strategic direction.
The department has 16 team members and is multi-disciplinary (including brand management, digital, trade marketing, brand relations and events).
This role has 8 direct reports out of which 3 are people leaders.
Do you have what it takes?• An experienced marketer with a strong blend of commercial and creative skills, who has a demonstrable track record of contributing to the growth of a brand within a high profile consumer goods company
• Strong digital understanding. Knows the media landscape and opportunities in digital well and has experience in leading a digital agenda
• Proven success in leading and developing a team. The candidate will be an inspiring, energetic leader who has a passion for brands and leads by example. S/he will connect well with people, set high standards for performance and inspire others to work as a team and perform at their best.
• Strong track record in driving meaningful innovation. Has demonstrated a willingness to take calculated risks and agility in responding to the changing external landscape.
• Focused on delivering results; highly accountable for KPI delivery and galvanizes the team to deliver on both strategy & short term results.
• Is a collaborator at heart that works well with people both horizontally and vertically with the aim of making strong decisions for the business.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
• Fluent in English
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
If you are interested to find more about the role, you can contact Inge Østergaard Jørgensen, General Manager Nordics on +4552211962.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“Lead a dynamic team to develop industry leading marketing activation that makes more kids and adults fall in love with LEGO play across the Nordic countries”