For this game your child not only gets to make a cardboard box into a really cool garage for their LEGO Juniors cars, but they also get to play a fun number game.
This is the perfect number recognition activity for younger children, who’ll love playing whilst learning. It also helps your child to work on their hand eye co-ordination as they try to get the cars into the garage. And, best of all you won’t need any special craft supplies to build this game together.
What you need:
- A cardboard box
- Colored paper, pens, or paint to decorate
- A few LEGO Juniors cars (these are easy to build and great for 4-7 year olds)
- A dice
1. Cut car-sized garage doors out of the cardboard box
Make some of them bigger or smaller to vary the difficulty.
2. Number each door up to six and encourage your child to decorate their garage
Use whatever craft supplies you have, and let their imagination run wild.
3. Give your child a dice to roll. Get a four? Now try and roll the car into the door marked with that number!
You can up the difficulty by adding more garage doors and dice and making it a basic math game too. Use rigid cardboard and this will last many a happy play session before it has to be recycled.
Scissors can be dangerous for small children, so please make sure you supervise them closely during use.