Don’t know what on Earth to do for your little one’s next birthday party?
Maybe Earth’s the problem. Try venturing further afield for some intergalactic inspiration…
This space-themed party idea, inspired by the LEGO® DUPLO® My First Rocket set, looks out of this world, but it’s actually totally doable.
You’ll already have some of the main materials at home – tin foil, gift wrap, card – then it’s just a case of picking up the rest and getting crafty.
Your little one won’t need any convincing either. Space is the ultimate adventure – with supersonic vehicles to fly, bizarre creatures to befriend, and gigantic planets to explore.
Sold on a space-themed birthday party? Let’s make it happen!
SET THE SCENE
Take your little guests to another dimension with these interplanetary ideas:
- Balloon planets look just like mysterious worlds floating on your ceiling.
- An astronaut helmet gets your little one into character. If, however, they’re more of a cheeky alien, paint their face green and track down a party bopper headband.
- Confetti cannon rockets liven up the party, without the big bang that can startle little ones.
- Glow-in-the-dark plastic spaceships can be stuck to the ceiling before the party, and then unveiled later on. Simply cover the windows and turn out the lights for a big “wow” moment. Pick up a packet at your local bargain store.
- A constellation of shiny stars, made with leftover foil gift wrap, catches the light, and little imaginations, when popped on the walls.
FUN & GAMES
Make your own entertainment with one of these far-out activities:
- A rocket craft picture gets little ones thinking creatively – and geometrically.
- A LEGO DUPLO rocket-building mission encourages aspiring astronauts to join forces.
- A star search refocuses everyone if spirits run too high. Spread paper stars across the floor, give each astronaut a bowl or bucket and let the hunt begin! At the end, exchange stars for a treat.
- A cosmic Space Spinner, made using LEGO DUPLO bricks, will test balance and speed in guests both big and small!
- Pass The Planet, played by throwing a ball from child to child, strengthens coordination and works up an appetite just in time for the party food.
After the big day (and a big rest!) we’d love to see how you made the theme your own, so share your photos and ideas on our Facebook page.