Senior Brand Manager
Japan, Minato-ku, J-Tokyo
Are you energized in delivering impactful and long-lasting brand marketing content?Put on your creative and innovative hat in molding the LEGO Group’s consumer demographics in this dynamic and mature market. Be the catalyst of positive change!
Core Responsibilities• Develop and execute high-impact integrated consumer marketing programs through collaborations with multiple stakeholders including Trade/Digital Marketing team, Sales/Customer Development team and external creative and media agencies to generate strong and sustainable demand
• Establish solid understandings of mission of the LEGO Group and how the LEGO brand can connect to consumers/shoppers.Then internalize and translate those into strong brand plans that will stand out and emotionally connect with our target audiences.
• Capable of developing breadth of assumptions and be able to read deeply into consumer/shopper behaviors and identify killer insights
• Act as Japan Brand Team Lead between the LEGO Group and external partners (as relates to theme and go to market needs) and lead development of marketing programs to drive recruitment and sales growth.
• Manage a team of 4 (counting yourself) and train and develop the team members
• Develop and present business recommendations to leadership as necessary.
• Oversee brand marketing budget, planning, and execution for dedicated LEGO themes
• Track and analyze business performance versus plan, and make real-time adjustments.
• Be a role model key stakeholders management both internally (Local Marketing team, Region, Sales, Operations, Finance, HR amongst others) and externally (Agencies, Adult Fans of LEGO, etc.)
Play your part in our team succeedingLEGO Japan is one of the key markets for the APAC region of the LEGO Group. Our organization consists of Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance and HR department, and the size of the organization is approximately 60 including temporary workers. The Marketing team is made of 4 teams: Brand Marketing, Trade Marketing, Digital Marketing and Effectiveness.
The Marketing team’s greatest mission is to develop one strong holistic end-to-end Marketing plan to excite consumers/shopper and retailers to drive sustainable demand.
Do you have what it takes?• College degree required, MBA preferred (ideally majoring in Marketing)
• High level proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Power Point
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in consumer brand marketing (ideally with kids / family products) managing category or portfolio
•Strong understanding “Audience First/Digital First” approaches and solid experiences in developing holistic marketing campaigns/activations in collaborations with Trade/Digital teams
•People Management experiences
•Working in the Global/Region/Local market set-ups
• Results orientated with successful experience in decision making, analytics, time management, and market innovation skills
• Effective relationship builder and negotiator who can collaborate across functions and business units
• Effective presentation and writing skills with the ability to convey a compelling and concise message, and to engage and inspire colleagues
• Domestic and International travel required
• Native level fluency of Japanese (to liaise with Japanese speaking stakeholders)
• Must have business level fluency in both written and oral English (to liaise with English speaking stakeholders)
• IT skills: Excellent user of SAP, Oracle and MS office tools is a must especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
• Potential to lead with a high degree of trust
• Ability to work in complex organizations with constraints on processes, resources and flexibilities
• Ability to work independently and to collaborate within a team.
• Resilience and patience
• Flexible and adaptable
• Takes own initiative in making recommendations.
• Ability to think strategically while still focusing on immediate short term tasks.
• Cross-functional and cross cultural interest.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"Work for a brand that is well loved and respected world over, collaborating with the marketing team to develop high impact, best in class marketing activities, underpinned by innovation, insight and commercial acumen."