Preventive Quality Senior Manager for Sustainable Packaging development and production
Have you earned your Six Sigma Black Belt, practiced your project management skills, and are you ready for the next step in your career?Seize this opportunity to grow your talent as you take your seat amongst a small legion of experts and join our mission in securing high quality development and production processes.
Join a strong team of quality specialistsFrom the ideation and product development to production – our Preventive Quality Management team works to prevent quality risks and optimise processes through end-to-end quality management.
We are currently 10 quality managers placed in Billund, Czech Republic and Hungary who work to identify risks and potentials for optimisations and set in to find and implement solutions. We do this through close collaboration with colleagues from Novelty Projects, Engineering, Production, New Technology Development and many others.
This time we are specifically looking for a colleague to join our Sustainable Packaging agenda and contribute to the transition of new materials for our packaging products.
As a fellow quality manager, you will use Design for Six Sigma and project management approaches to drive preventive quality projects. To accomplish this, you:
- Actively communicate with Novelty Projects, Engineering, Production and other functions to understand processes and discover quality challenges, risks and opportunities
- Construct and drive quality project streams that ensure structured quality plans and actions with a focus on criteria critical to our consumers, risk management and verification/validation activities
- Develop and govern our foundation for intelligent quality management, efficiency in quality activities and advanced analytics
- Train and inspire engineers and other colleagues in order to mature a proactive quality mindset and enable them to absorb and use advanced quality management tools
Achieving success through collaborationSharing knowledge, supporting one another and collaborating through an agile setup are vital elements to our work. To enable this, we often work 2 by 2 on projects. We also travel up to 50 days per year, utilizing our strong network across the entire organization to collaborate with business functions and production facilities.
This provides immense opportunity for you to gain, and share your own, expert knowledge within specific areas, collaborate on more complex tasks, support each other as you coach your colleagues and act as change agent and ambassador among teams that are less familiar with Six Sigma methods.
Professional networker with a knack for quality, Six Sigma and project managementWe are looking for true quality management talent – And a lot more! Therefore, we are open to consider different backgrounds. Maybe you have some years’ experience with quality management, product development or technology development and knowledge of advanced quality tools.
Alternatively, you may have a relevant engineering degree or a business-related education combined with some quality management experience gained through student positions. Whichever category you fit in, we are interested in hearing from you as long as you:
- Have knowledge of Six Sigma with a solid track record of project management or equivalent experience in the area of advanced quality tools and project work
- Have knowledge of Design for Six Sigma, Design for Manufacturing or similar
- Know how to use and interpret analytics from MiniTab or other statistical analysis tools
- Have the ability to develop a solid network with specialists and experts within other fields and drive end-to-end projects through collaboration with colleagues
- Speak and write English fluently
- Preferably, have experience with, or an educational background within packaging design, mechanical engineering or the like and experience working in a cross-functional international work environment
Bringing it to life
“The development of new LEGO® products is vital to keeping our brand relevant and inspiring the builders of tomorrow to play. This makes your role so important because you are the one to secure that the development and production departments can perform at their best and deliver right quality to children worldwide,” says Director of Preventive Quality Management Karin Abel.
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Director of Preventive Quality Management Karin Abel on +45 40 45 92 68.
This position was posted 03-05-2019 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.