Demand & Customer Planning Manager
Japan, Minato-ku, J-Tokyo
Supply and Demand
Are you passionate about driving supply chain efficiency and driving analysis for forecasting?Come join LEGO in putting your best foot forward in leveraging a world-class supply and demand management platform. If you enjoy working with both key internal and external stakeholders in providing business insights for business growth, look no further and apply!
Core ResponsibilitiesSupply & Demand Management and Forecasting (50%)
• Collaborate with the Marketing team and the Sales team to plan product launches and promotional volume estimates, customer product mix, theme and account flow model and objectives/strategies according to trend analyses
• Create and maintain baseline forecasts and add market intelligence to statistically created inputs that will improve its accuracy
• Drive theme level deep-dive analysis, and conduct piece level forecasting
• Monitor, check and approve stock requests and quote stock for promotions for allocated accounts/customers
• Drive monthly S&OP process providing customer insights specifically on promotional activity
• Prepare analyses and deliverables for monthly S&OP cycle in collaboration with the regional Demand/Supply Planning teams
• Update SAP APO as a part of monthly Demand Plan submission, and weekly mini-submission (Adjustment to the monthly Demand Plan)
Customer Planning (15%)
• Provide insights to and support the Customer Business Planning in coordination with the Sales Director and Account Managers
• Support the LEGO CVP (Customer Value Proposition) to improve customer relationships and ensure best-in-class supplier planning, reporting and support
• Interact with Sales Account Managers to meet customer reporting requirements and analyse customer needs to improve on internal reporting structure and processes
• Link the local LEGO Sales and Operations team with customer inventory planning teams
• Manage the setup of weekly promotional activity tracking by customer
• Conduct forecast and customer promotional effectiveness analyses for key trading periods such as Golden/Silver week, Christmas, NY Sale and others. Highlight and challenge inconsistencies between LEGO CVP goals and actual or planned promotional execution
Retail and Local DC Inventory Management(15%)
• Develop and maintain In-stock reporting to best assess the state of LEGO market inventory, including set up of local reporting, coordination with regional team on best practices and drive updates of retail product listings
• Present market inventory situation and discuss current issues/gaps in weekly cross-functional business update meeting (Business Performance Review)
• Own APAC & BU Reportings related to In stock
• Makes recommendation for retail closing stock (RCS) spans per theme
• Creates proactive Exit/excess inventory process, and drive Sales team to reduce scrap exposures and create more sales opportunities
• Provides input for Service Level Classification (safety stock) setting, as well as collaborate with the regional Supply Planning team on local inventory reporting
Continuous Improvements & Project (10%)
• Integrate the LEGO continuous improvement (LCI) mindset through active participation in visual management meetings and demonstrate recommendation and solution-orientated behavior.
• Work with various cross-functional teams on projects such as new product launches, line extensions and product discontinuations. Demonstrate sound business decision making aligned with company goals.
Ad hoc business analysis & reportings (5%)
• Support business with on-demand analysis and reportings
Self Development (5%)
• Invest in staying up-to-date through strong IDP (Individual Development Plan) to maximise your career potential within The LEGO Group
• Participate and drive projects within Japan and/or the wider APAC organisation
Play your part in our team succeedingThe Demand & Customer Planning Manager is part of the Market Operation team in LEGO Japan.
The Demand & Customer Planning Manager provides support to the high performing Operations, Sales and Marketing teams through comprehensive data analysis of information from all major customers including inventory, customer business plans and promotional planning to achieve the most accurate and effective execution of the LEGO Japan business plans together with our retail partners. The main responsibility for this position is to accurately forecast supply and demand for LEGO Japan, and provide best-in-class retail partner collaboration by optimising customer inventory and effectively plan the flow of goods with our customers while linking the information to local Operations and Sales teams.
The successful candidate will have a strong analytical mind to be able to convert information derived from market and customer data analysis into product flow recommendations and possess exceptional team collaboration skills.
Further, the candidate will thrive in a fast paced, change oriented environment as well as have the ability to provide input, challenges and drive recommended solutions to daily work. Result orientation, Customer focused and consumer driven approach with high collaboration are the success criteria
This role will report to the Director of Operations but will functionally works with the Senior Demand Planning Manager on daily basis. He/She will have frequent contact with appropriate Sales and Operations colleagues. This role will be a role model for great team behavior and take ownership of shared tasks within the Operations team. He/she will demonstrate the LEGO values throughout works.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Business Intelligence is highly preferred
• Strong analytical, logical thinking, data management and problem solving skills, as well as standalone/independent working capability
• Track record of strong communication and interpersonal skills, highly collaborative with internal and external stakeholders for Japan and outside of Japan. Creating positive energy by providing healthy value adding conflicts to stakeholders
• Critical thinking, Change Driving and Continuous improvement mindset
• Track record of strongly driving new initiatives and projects across organization
• 3-5 years in a Supply/Demand planning, Financial Planning, Business Analysis, or Consulting is preferable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, in particular Advanced level Excel skill (Macro is preferred but not must)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, in particular Advanced level Excel skill (Macro is preferred but not must)
• Presentation Skills
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills in both written and spoken Japanese and English
• Ability to work in international environment with constant interactions with stakeholders/teams with different cultural and geographical background
• Must be willing to travel overseas 2-3 times a year.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Combination of taking the initiative and create results and a high degree of social competencies.
• Potential to lead and with high degree of trust.
• Ability to work independently and to collaborate within a team.
• Strong Analytical abilities.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Takes own initiative in making recommendations.
• Ability to think strategically while still focusing on immediate short term tasks.
• Cross functional and cross cultural interest.
• Ability to deal with (intrinsic) conflict.
• Ability to influence.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
Creativity doesn’t grow in abundance, it grows from scarcity
- the more LEGO bricks you have doesn't mean you're going to be more creative; you can be very creative even with very few LEGO bricks.
Never forget “Fun” in challenging environment. Enjoying challenges through continuous learning and improvement to ensure quality with care – creating positive difference at work.