Fabulous new LEGO® Queer Eye set to celebrate creative expression and promote positivity
Queer Eye is all about building people up
- I love being a part of the Fab Five, and through Queer Eye, I get to shed light on the beauty of the diversity of our community. That was my main hope, when I auditioned for the show, and I’m so grateful to be in this position
– Tan France
- It’s so important that folks have inclusion built into their creativity. So, for the LEGO Group to show support for topics like LGBTQIA+ inclusivity feels necessary and I’m excited that it is happening
– Jonathan Van Ness
- To be able to make a show that has not only been a success but is also able to help millions of people to love themselves and others more is the biggest honor of my life
– Bobby Berk
- It’s the perfect pairing! LEGO® sets come together like a beautiful recipe – from these simple bricks you can create works of art that tell a story. And that feeling of joy that comes from sharing something that you’ve built, or cooked, or created, is something we love to celebrate on Queer Eye
– Antoni Porowski
- As an adult, any creative process can help give you focus and take you out of your own head space. Buidling with LEGO® bricks is a perfect way to help you unwind and de-stress while also giving you a real sense of accomplishment with whatever you create so just like our show, LEGO building can help in a little way to piece together people’s lives. This is the perfect partnership
– Karamo Brown
Clicking it all together
Bringing the loft to live
Wig element in shimmering silver
Rebuilding a more positive world
Matthew Ashton, Vice President of Design at the LEGO Group and lead designer of the new set, worked closely with the Fab Five and is proud of the collaboration and what it stands for.
He said: “Queer Eye has had such a positive impact on so many people’s lives which is why we are excited for this collaboration. It reminds us that we need to take time to celebrate kindness and help build each other up. In this set we’ve captured themes central to both the LEGO Group and the show – caring, creativity, learning and fun. While the Fab Five rebuild people’s lives, we are on a mission to inspire people to get creative and help rebuild a more positive world.”
Inspiring future generations
Our mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. So with that as our focus, we are investing in helping to educate future generations about empathy and inclusivity through our partnerships with UK charity Diversity Role Models and US charity GLSEN.
Learning through play is a powerful force. We believe it can also help children and families learn about the world around them – including the importance of being inclusive and kind. We will continue to work with groups associated with the LGBTQIA+ community who work with families & children to build a more inclusive, equitable and empathetic society for future generations.
GLSENGLSEN exists to create safe and affirming schools for all K-12 students, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or gender expression, because no young person should have to choose between their wellbeing and education. The LEGO Group and GLSEN are working together to ensure educators have resources to foster safe and inclusive classrooms, and provide opportunities for students to learn through play.Read more
Diversity Role ModelsDiversity Role Models and the LEGO Group have partnered to help prevent bullying and discrimination towards LGBTQI+ students and individuals. DRM will design and rollout a programme of workshops and digital resources for schools and educators across England that will utilise LEGO bricks for activities to explore difference and build empathy and embed inclusion in young people.Read more