Mechanical Engineering Manager
Mechanical Engineering Manager for optimizing the business of developing new LEGO bricks.Would you like to be part of the Novelty Element Development team, where you will gain a deep insight into the development process of all new LEGO bricks?
Core ResponsibilitiesNovelty Element Development (NED) is part of Elements & Moulds. In NED we perform the technical design of all new LEGO bricks in close and strong collaboration with our main stakeholders: design, manufacturing and production. With deep insight into our mould, moulding and processing platforms, we balance element coolness with robust element design for manufacturing. We need a colleague who can support the daily business during the novelty element development process by:
• Building and maintaining a performance management setup that reflects the daily business and drives the optimal behaviour in order to reach the goals set by management
• Developing, managing and improving the department handovers and processes - securing compliance with the overall guidelines of the LEGO Development Process
• Scoping and engaging in operational, tactical and strategical quality improvement initiatives and projects supporting the entire department
• Identifying and driving operational, tactical and strategical effectiveness and efficiency improvement initiatives across the entire department
Play your part in our team succeedingThe NED Mechanical Engineering Manager is to act as a business enabling function supporting the daily business with respect to delivering the technical design of all new LEGO bricks. You will be part of the NED Extended Leadership Team consisting of both leaders and specialists. Your key responsibilities will be to identify and drive cross-functional initiatives with respect to performance, process and quality improvement in close collaboration with colleagues and relevant stakeholders on all levels of the entire organization to reach the operational, tactical and strategical goals of NED.
Do you have what it takes?Can you translate process data and trends into performance management, reliable processes and optimized business procedures? Can you collaborate with stakeholders in a global environment on all levels of the organization and develop win-win solutions? Do you have drive and take ownership in task execution and follow-up? Do you thrive working independently, have excellent communication skills and a can-do mindset? Do you possess any of the following?
• A Master´s or Bachelor´s degree within engineering, science, business administration or equivalent working experience
• Solid experience within Excel and SAP or equivalent system
• Experience within Microsoft Power BI or equivalent system
• Experience within quality, performance and process management
• Experience within Six Sigma or similar
• Experience within interpreting data and aware of the effort needed to create relevant business performance indicators based on reliable data
• Experience within a technical product development environment
• Experience from a similar position as business enabling function/engineer
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
By applying your business development understanding to the novelty element development process at LEGO, you will directly impact the way we succeed with our goal of developing the coolest bricks for the builders of tomorrow in the most efficient and effective way.