Talented and passionate Infrastructure Engineer
LEGO is growing, and IT Infrastructure is a key pillar of our digital development journey. Are you passionate about effective Server Management? And would you like a key role in ensuring that our IT Infrastructure is secure and high performing?Then join our global agile IT organization in Infrastructure and Security.“Managed Operations” is a product team which is playing a key role in providing LEGO a securing and high performing IT Infrastructure, and we want to take our offerings to LEGO one step further. Today we are are managing close to 4000 servers in a global context and are defining, driving and operating processes and initiatives/projects around our servers. We work closely together with our colleagues in IT and the business to find solutions to keep our landscape secure and efficient with the highest degree of simplicity as possible.
Join the fun
We are a team who appreciate to have fun and help each other in our everyday work. The team is living the SCRUM Agile ways of working, and you will therefore also be able to gain new knowledge and have opportunities in related products. We value personal interactions and being a team that win and fail together in delivering great value to our customers.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Deployment, configuration and maintenance of any of the following operating systems, Linux, Windows, and VMware on mainly virtual environments.
- Implementing changes to operating system infrastructure including patches, users, file systems and kernel parameters.
- Building automation to improve our server management and security.
- Troubleshooting and incident resolution.
- Ensuring that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
A passionate Infrastructure Engineer who challenges the status quo:
As infrastructure engineer, you will join a highly passionate team that will support your development and ongoing growth. Through collaboration we build trust and challenge each other to get to the best possible solution for our customers. You should therefore be passionate about IT, curious and analytical by nature, and not afraid to ask questions, challenge us and bring new ideas and insights to the table. You focus on delivering value, and you are not afraid to act or speak up if you find a smarter way to do things.
Furthermore, your qualifications should include:- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- Operational experience with a multi-domain Active Directory environment
- Experience with the latest version Linux, Windows systems, virtualized mainly on WMware Infrastructure
- Experience with cloud migration
- Knowlegde of a scripting language (PowerShell, Bash, Python...)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
Bringing it to lifeWhat inspires me the most is to work in a modern and state-of-the-art company environment. And last but not least, a childhood dream came true for me when I became part of the LEGO world.”, says Dávid Győri, Senior manager, IT.
About LEGO NyíregyházaNyíregyháza is home to one of four LEGO factories in the world. LEGO Manufacturing Kft., employer of 2400 people, significantly contributes to the more than 8-decade-long success story of LEGO – it is here that most of the DUPLO toys in the world are produced, among others. The family-owned toy company committed itself to large-scale developments, and as a result, in the spring of 2014 it handed over its brand-new factory in Nyíregyháza – a facility that is not only huge and ultra-modern, but also exceptionally environmentally-friendly.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.