Sr. Project Manager HVAC
Project Management; Engineering; Facility/Building Management
Are you ready to join our global team of project managers to construct the extension of our production site for those who produce toys for the builders of tomorrow ?As part of Corporate Facility in the LEGO Group, Global Project Management (GPM) team in Nyíregyháza is responsible for the project management of the new extension of the LEGO production site in Nyíregyháza, Hungary. Currently LEGO is working on a new extension in Nyíregyháza.The project has passed the Design stage - and the construction is in progress. The project is divided into 5 major building areas - one of these is the new Energy Building providing core utilities for the whole complex – like heating, cooling, compressed air and electrical power supply. The project aim has been to develop and integrate optimal modern energy solutions concerning energy, sustainability, environment, redundancy and life cycle costs. The PM MEP HVAC is expected to manage the secondary heating cooling and energy distribution technology network design and construction in the project.The PM MEP HVAC will act as LEGOs Single Point of Contact internally as well to the designers, consultants and contractors with regards to -all HVAC and related mechanical matters.
Responsibilities:• Project management of the project in the remaining project phases.
• Stakeholder management, internal and external stakeholders (key stakeholders are beside the Lego Energy Specialists, LFAC, manufacturing companies, the University of Budapest, etc.).
• Coordinate the energy project with the other building projects including having the overview of all major installation corridors in the complex.
• Support QS (to create budget and) on financial follow up during the final project stages.
• Support to the QS manager to prepare Change Orders.
• Coordinate Safety activities together with EHS manager and Quality activities together with QA manager
• Support to pre-qualified suppliers.
• Assist the lead designer coordinating all meetings with suppliers and contractors, safety, progress, quality, etc.
• Following up on supervision ensuring that installed installations are in accordance with Project
• Coordinate Contract Closure activities such as punch lists, commissioning, final training, manuals, etc.
• Coordinate Post Acceptance Activities such as Closure of Performance Bonds, IMSS Final Payment, Guarantee Bond, etc., this entire prior to final release of retainer’s fee.
Do you have what it takes?• 5-10 years’ experience with project management
• Mechanical/Technical/Energy Engineer
• Several years’ experience within HVAC (heating, cooling distribution network and BMS system set up, etc.)
• Essential experience within energy efficiency on large and energy-consuming industrial or infrastructural complexes
• Knowledge on European Directive on Energy Performance of Buildings preferable
• Preferably experience from working in an international team/context collaborating across nationalities and cultures.
• Strong leadership and communication skills, flexible, pragmatic, structured, can see things in the broader perspective.
• Knowledge in legal aspects and contracts for building construction preferable
• Good at working individually and in teams.
• Creative contributing with constructive proposals
• 100% of the working time shall be executed in NYI
• Fluent Hungarian and advanced English in speaking and writing
Why to join the global family of The LEGO Group?• The energy distribution system installation of the expansion is key in the expansion of our production capacity, and the project manager will play a vital role in ensuring the right setup and a smooth handover to local facility.
• This is a chance to work with complex construction work in a complex but successful international organization. If you thrive with coordinating and communication complex matters, collaborating across organizational units and functions, you will thrive in this role too.
Continue your career with the LEGO brand!
In this position, you will gain an interesting experience from working in an international environment. It is fantastic opportunity to support the extension of the LEGO production capacity and our ability to reach as many children as possible. This role also offers you an extensive space for learning and skills development.
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality # use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV in ENGLISH.