Field Sales Representative – NSW & ACT (Maternity Leave Contract 12 months)
Are you interested in executing impactful in-store merchandising solutions? Are you energised by working with local independent toy retailers and major accounts across a territory to maximise sales opportunities?You will be responsible for a territory across NSW / ACT and work collaboratively with the wider Field Sales, Account Management and Marketing teams to maximise consumer sales.
Core ResponsibilitiesGeneral Functions/Tasks
• Ensure nationally arranged activities (Job sheets), planograms (flow) and promotions (Big Bang) are implemented at store level and to LEGO standards.
• Responsible for Merchandising to a high LEGO standard (MTS) within major/Independent accounts. Prioritise top centers in metro areas that have regular merchandising service. 1st set (Feb-May) & 2nd set (August-Oct)
• Collect market information on Retailer, Toy supplier and competitor activity for reports to FSM, Field Sales and other internal customers. This includes REX surveys and upload best in class photos to REX platform. Text insights from the field on the Field Sales text message chain.
• Action feedback raised by FSM’s, Account Managers and Marketing.
• Assist with all new store setups and LEGO Installations as requested
• Pack out stock and manage SOH in back docks. This component will require a significant level of manual handling. Note: This is a priority for key sales periods – Toy Cat/Christmas.
• Perform commercial merchandising decisions to ensure the right product is in the right place at the right time.
• Proactively educate store teams around the LEGO brand.
Business Relationships (20%)
• Collaborate with Internal Customers within LEGO ANZ to achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Action urgent office requests daily.
• Manage multiple in-store relationships (Store Managers and key contacts) in Major Accounts with a view to maximising sales and profit while also respecting instore management relationships
• Motivate store contacts to prioritise the LEGO brand through negotiation and collaborative relationships
• Account Management for all Independent Retailers within territory: selling in product launches, promotional plans & replenishment orders etc
• Coordinate Head Office visits to territory including market run, sales information (TSG) and meetings with key contacts.
Business Planning (20%)
• Demonstrate business acumen by developing, maintaining, communicating and driving solid business plans. These will be structured around the business direction and what is right for the retailer’s business model.
• Utilize REX instore as a sales tool – including: Opening and closing calls in REX, updating customer details, surveys etc.
• Present market information on Retailer, Toy supplier and competitor activity in reports and FS photo portal to FSM, Field Sales and other internal customers.
• Keep up to date with LEGO employee documents. For example: LEGO competency framework, employee skylines, job description, KPI’s/COT’s and relevant LEGO company strategy – State Objectives, FS one page, GTM, LEGO ANZ priorities/MWB’s.
Play your part in our team succeedingPlay your part in our team to provide a premium brand experience in-store, across various retail channels and for our consumers.
Execute and coordinate merchandising activities within an allocated territory. Achieve in-store objectives set by the Field Sales Manager & Director, Account Managers and the LEGO Marketing team. Work with local independent toy retailers and major accounts to maximize sales opportunities for the company.
Do you have what it takes?Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant tertiary qualification in Business or equivalent experience
• Sales experience in a consumer-packaged goods company and/or retail experience, with previous territory management preferred
• Strong work ethic
• Efficient Time management
• Influencing & Negotiation
• Attention to detail
• Commercial acumen
• Team work
• Proven ability to achieve department and company goals
• Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
The Field Sales Representative position will be a Full-Time (Maternity Leave Cover – 12 months) role. Domestic travel is required – 35 nights away is estimated annually. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be necessary. Physical requirements: Lifting outer cartons (15kg max), climbing ladders, pushing store trolleys. It is required that the Field Sales Representative can sit while driving for a period of time and is able to spend the entire work day standing. There is also a requirement to lift LEGO boxes above their head to reach the top shelf.
Join the global LEGO® familyThe LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"The Field Sales Representative for NSW/ACT will have an important role in managing a territory, being a part of a strong team culture and will need to be a positive and passionate brand ambassador for the LEGO Group."