Director, Agency Communication and Strategy
Are you ready to be the face of our Agency driving our strategy to reach the audiences in our new channels in the ever changing landscape?Bring your strong leadership and stakeholder management skills to this role which is instrumental in driving the strategic objective requiring the business insight as it relates to content and communications.
As Director of Communication & Strategy, you report directly into the Sr. Director of the LEGO Agency, Americas and oversee both the Account and Strategy teams.Working with our marketing partners to providing key strategic input to develop accountable marketing programs or campaigns that deliver business results, managing client satisfaction, all while inspiring and challenging the agency teams that support them.
Our Partners sees you as their ‘go-to’ expert, balancing a broader business perspective with an intimate knowledge of our business objectives, audience needs, portfolio and product strategies. This in combination with your perspective on competitors, the market, technology and consumer trends ensure you are armed with a robust point of view on how we can strengthen and grow our business, brand and customer relationships.
Dedicated and driven, the Communication and Strategy Director provides both strategic and tactical leadership across large scale engagements, while keeping up-to-date on daily project activities. We need someone who’s able to identify our Partners business needs and work with various teams and stakeholders to understand, define, and build effective and innovative solutions that generate measurable results. You must be able to take on the point of view of both our business partners and our internal teams and know exactly how to express those perspectives, concerns, and requirements to the other side.
You must be prepared to be as much of a leader as a communicator and mentor.
• Actively build partner relationships above the ‘day to day’ of project delivery to become a trusted advisor and partner across business, brand and marketing matters.
• Become a credible, respected and indispensable source to our local and global Marketing partners and agency teams for business intelligence, audience and category/competitive insight as well as a broader field of vision across internal business units.
• Act as a conduate for feedback and shareout loops within Agency Hubs and Global teams by sharing business, project, and strategic insight that help local teams and can inform global activites
• Not only responsible for finding, developing and inspiring your own cross functional team but also garnering a fellowship across our broader Agency talent.
• Develop and foster approaches and tools to drive holistic development across all areas of our Business Units.
• Act as Agency lead on cross-agency collaboration
• Global citizen, local action
• Consistently seek to identify and close any partner expectations + relationship gaps
Play your part in our team succeedingYou will be joining the LEGO's Groups Internal Creative Agency. Our focus is to create engaging content or intergrated campaigns be they through traditional, digital or social channels, event experiences, or retail engagements for our Americas Marketing Team. All with the goal of reaching fans, both young and old of LEGO.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelors degree in a relevant area or equivalent working experience
• MBA, nice to have but not a requirement
• 12+ years with a leading agencys and/or in-house studios.
• Experience across 2-3 of the following verticals: CPG, Tech, Entertainment, Retail, eCommerce, Toy Manufacturer
• Experience manageing a senior team of cross functional skillsets
• An advertising, marketing and media enthusiast with a passion for pop culture and data
• Experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects with top tier consulting firms or interactive agencies (including web, mobile, video, brand, and strategic consulting projects).
• Track record of building cases for, managing and communicating strategic initiatives to both key stakeholders and diverse internal teams.
• Experience in media planning, account planning, and communications planning
• Proactivly determining where and how in-depth insight about the consumers attitued and behavior can make our marketing activites more successful.
• A sharp mind, a good memory, and an attention to detail are absolutely key.
• Energetic and motivated “self-starter”
• Proactive about personal development
• Strong time management
• Ready to learn while doing
• A high Do:Say ratio, ability to figure things out
• Ability to break down problems in a logical yet creative manner
• Experience with strategic frameworks for communications planning
• Can draw insights and unique acumen from data and analysis
• Comfortable navigating ambiguity and hypothesis-driven approaches
• Excellent storytelling and communication skills:
o Desire to be a polished and eloquent communicator
o Ability to develop strong relationships internally across departments as well as with internal and external partners and stakeholders
• An ability to manage and set expectations.
• Ability to simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges with enthusiasm.
Fluent in spoken and written English. Spanish is a ‘nice to have’, but not required.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
At this moment, where audience behaviors and play patterns are evolving, this will give you an opportunity to influence how we effectively communicat the benifits of play and endless creativity to kids and parents alike.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.