Additive Manufacturing CAD Engineer
Production and Technical
Additive Manufacturing CAD EngineerWould you like to shape how we design for Additive Manufacturing (AM) across the entire LEGO Group?
Join us to develop and implement AM design guidelines and practices that make out the future of the world’s largest plastic manufacturer.
Drive design for AM across plastic tools and equipmentIn Additive Design & Manufacturing, our task is to develop and mature AM technologies as a complementary technology across LEGO Group productions. You will be responsible for the AM technical design of tools and equipment for our production.
As our work with AM is still in its early stages, a big part of your job will also be to build our AM design guidelines from scratch and engage with colleagues across the organisation to promote and implement design for AM. More specifically, you will:
- Collaborate closely with your team and R&D departments to develop tools, equipment for internal applications, e.g. jigs, fixtures, grippers and spare parts, using polymer AM (mainly)
- Support Engineering & Quality and the different production sites with implementing AM tools into the production
- Consult engineers from across the organisation in designing for AM and ensure thorough education for all relevant stakeholders on the subject
- Develop design guidelines for AM-made tools and equipment to be used across the LEGO Group
- Ensure that we stay on top of new design for AM technologies and apply it to a LEGO® context
As this is a global role, you get to travel approx. 20 days a year to visit partners and production sites and attend fairs, events and education related to AM.
Let loose your imaginationIn the LEGO Group, we want to be a leading company within AM. Joining a company with fun, creativity and learning at its core, we encourage you to be curious and turn things on their head to shape the future of AM design. Working with us is a play experience you share with children across the world.
Talented CAD engineer with interpersonal skillsAs a person, you have the stakeholder management and communication skills it takes to be a true AM ambassador within the LEGO Group. Moreover, we imagine that you bring:
- A proven experience with CAD design – Siemens NX is an advantage
- A strong technical background and an understanding of tool development
- Experience with design for AM, preferably within polymers, is an advantage
- A minimum of BSc in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or similar
- Advanced English skills in both speech and writing
Bringing it to life
“Your personal drive for continuous learning and collaboration will be key to bringing LEGO tools and equipment to life. If you have a passion for AM, this is the place to be,” says Ronen Hadar, Director, Additive Design & Manufacturing.
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Director, Additive Design & Manufacturing, Ronen Hadar on +45 7950 2945.
This position was posted 28-02-2019 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.