3D Surfacing Artist
Product Design/ Development
3D Surfacing ArtistWe are currently looking for a 3D Surfacing Artist with solid knowledge and interest within the field to help us mature our digital element database. Every brick needs to work as expected with the agreed quality, while we continue to innovate to bring more customers onboard.
Core Responsibilities• Quality asset production for all digital needs
• Delivering on time and proactive in dealing with workload
• Consumer focus, ensuring that deliverables are to customer expectations
• Learning focused: Able to give and receive feedback
• Teamwork and helping colleque to reach team goals
Your Role in the team will be to:
• Create texturing/shading for all asset assigned in time.
• Create textures and shaders based on the texture reference from the art department.
• Develop the artistic and technical processes.
• Mentor for mid and Junior artist in techniques/software workflows.
• Find solution to fix artistic and technical issue .
Play your part in our team succeeding• As we see increase in the demand for digital assets and ensuring that our customers are able to use the assets to their expectations, we are facing the challenge of ensuring that every single brick works as expected for all users. We are facing an ever expanding portfolio and its important to be flexible and to meet the challenges of tasks variations and delivery timings
• We are moving from producing digital elements to various pipelines to owning the digital master element, and taking the business ownership of the pipeline usage of the elements (especially in regards to very specific output such as realtime and off line rendered content) and for bringing the LEGO elements alive in a digital world
Do you have what it takes?• Senior level generalist/specialist in either Games/realtime industry or VFX/animation industry.
• 5+ years’ experience working on high quality texturing, shading and surfacing
• Experience using 3D painting software such as ‘Mari’ and/or Substance Painter
• Strong production experience in Maya.
• Strong Production and experience in a modern ray-tracing software package such as Arnold, Vray, Renderman with an emphasis on PBR techniques.
• Ability to create shaders in nodal interface.
• Competences of Open Shading Language ( C++ is an advantage)
• Capacity to meet deadlines with attention to detail.
• Strong technical and visual skills.
• Has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong documentation skills in regards to training & specification
• Knowledge of Ftrack/shotgun is a plus.
• An understanding of realtime demands/engine a plus
• Understanding of fur grooming techniques a plus
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
We enable the digital experience of the LEGO elements and bring the LEGO story to life.