Government & Public Affairs Senior Manager
Fecha de publicación
Id. de la oferta de trabajo
The LEGO Group is looking for a Government and Public Affairs Manager to join our Policy and Public Affairs team.You'll play a central role in a dynamic and effective team, working on core public policy issues across Europe.You will have experience of helping deliver campaigns and public affairs engagement programmes, and the ability to engage with senior stakeholders both internally and externally. The stakeholders will include, but not be limited to, Ministers, Officials, MPs, Campaign Groups, Government-Industry Partnerships, Charities, Think Tanks and Industry associations.
• Closely track legislative and policy trends on core Public policy issues important to the LEGO Group in Europe
• Monitor, analyse, drive and influence these public policy developments for the LEGO Group
• Help develop positions for The LEGO Group in response to key issues, policy challenges and opportunities
• Craft and drive active engagement programmes. Identify and engage the right political stakeholders and actively grow The LEGO Group network with political and other key stakeholders in LEGO Group’s key European markets.
• Collaborate with internal functions in EMEA and other regions to develop and deliver policy messages, positions and activities. Ensure internal and external stakeholders are informed on key policy issues.
• Collaborate with industry colleagues in Trade Association working groups to drive The LEGO Groups agenda
• Provide internal input to The LEGO Groups GPA strategy, wider Corporate Affairs Agenda and Responsibility Strategy (which includes the topics: learning through play, responsible engagement with children, circular economy ambitions)
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Government and Public Affairs team supports the LEGO Group’s mission of reaching millions of children globally by enabling our company’s reputational and legal license to operate. The team also supports commercial performance through effective risk and issues management in the countries we operate in. In addition, the team advocates for systemic change across international eco-systems that enable children to learn through play.
The GPA EMEA team focuses on issues in Europe, the Middle East and Africa specifically related business priorities and our responsibility agenda. The team delivers impact through driving market specific government and public affairs plans in the region to enable operating stability, market access and to identify new opportunities for the EMEA commercial team, LEGO Education and LEGO Foundation in collaboration with other relevant functions.
Do you have what it takes?Self-starter, multi-tasker, results orientated, big picture thinker, strong networker, relationship building, high integrity, problem solver, strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for the LEGO brand and strong drive to engage with internal and external stakeholders to help shape and achieve the LEGO Group’s strategic objectives in Europe. You will be able to show initiative and work independently, with a passion for delivering results and the ability to connect the dots and think strategically. You have high integrity and will always do what’s right for the LEGO Group and our primary stakeholders, children. You have a great network, enjoy partnering with government and related stakeholders and are a strong communicator.
• A Masters or Bachelors degree in public policy, government affairs, political science, law or related disciplines
• At least 7 – 10 years experience in driving government and public affairs programmes with global organizations or government institutions.
• Fluency in English and German. French also a benefit.
• You have experience in cross-country and functional collaboration
• Travel up to at least 50 days per year
NICE TO HAVE
• Experience working in Brussels and EU institutions
• Exposure to Member State governments (particularly Germany)
• Participation in Trade Association working groups and activities
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
As a government and public affairs professional working at the LEGO Group, you will have a rare opportunity to share a story that is founded in the value of our family ownership and the deep belief in the power that play can have on the development of children. The LEGO Group’s reputation and dedicated efforts distinguish us in the industry and enhances our ability to shape the policy landscape.