Digital Play Design Manager
United Kingdom, London
Fecha de publicación
Id. de la oferta de trabajo
Product Design/ Development
The LEGO Group is looking for a Digital Play Design Manager to join our Digital Play R&D team.You experiment with ground-breaking experiences and help LEGO take a big leap into the future where digital & physical play meet together. LEGO© HIDDEN SIDE™ is the latest exciting way to play and originated in Creative Play Lab.Creative Play Lab is looking for an experienced digital designer to help define the future of play. We make new experiences which keep LEGO play relevant for kids and we need the right person to build amazing prototypes. We expect the highest innovation level and work with internal & external partners to ensure our ideas go smoothly into production.
Core Responsibilities• Develop unique prototypes in collaboration with play designers – you will co-design the play experience and build prototypes that test desireability.
• Help test the creative directions of new concepts by making them tangible and playable – keep an open mind and learn by making over talking.
• Efficiently challenging design assumptions is critical for success – you will focus on rapid iterative prototype development and hack or fake-it when that’s the fastest way to learn. You will integrate design research with children into the development process to find new types of fun.
• Be the digital expert and collaborate with Project Product Owners & Scrum Masters to prioritise development and ensure efficient workload planning.
• Where necessary, drive collaborations with internal and external development partners to deliver successful completion of agreed milestone. Highlight risks as early as possible and create effective mitigation plans.
• Support the smooth transfer of projects as they mature and teams expand, ensuring that your code is clear and documented if it needs to be re-written to production standard by the development team that takes it to market.
Play your part in our team succeeding
For our projects to be successful, we need to challenge our hypotheses by building play prototypes. Our tool of choice is Unity but you will need to be flexible and able to exploit emerging technologies through alpha and beta plug-ins, software components and hardware. Know-how within development for mobile platforms is essential and mixed reality is a bonus.
We require a developer who can span many technologies and work with our internal development team and play designers to create mixed reality experiences kids fall in love with.
Do you have what it takes?
• You have a degree or demonstrable experience in game design or programming and a background within game development.
• You have 5+ years experience in developing video games and have deep knowledge of game mechanics, longevity systems, minute to minute gameplay and player control.
• You must be able to demonstrate production code in one or more major game engines like Unity, Unreal, Frostbite or other in-house engines. You need to be confident in writing code. Ideally, you are comfortable with writing C++ and/or C# and familiar with state machines, animation systems and character design feel.
• You know how to build scalable and flexible experiences and can balance business goals against technical perfection.
• As a person, you have a can-do attitude, excellent communication and motivational skills as well as the entrepreneurial spirit necessary to drive innovation into Digital/ Physical Play & Game experiences together with our partners.
It would be an advantage if you have experience with developing games for systems that feature hardware.
You may be an Arduino hobbyist, or you have developed for an embedded game system, hardware or an experience that utilises a physical input device (e.g. a controller or motion capture device).
You have insight and ideally experience in what a good “Digital/Physical Play & Game Experiences” is and how technology can enable it utilizing known proven gaming mechanics.
Mixed Reality development experience is highly desireable.
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.