Material Testing Specialist
Fecha de publicación
Id. de la oferta de trabajo
Material Testing SpecialistAre you as passionate about mechanical testing of materials and sustainability as we are? This is your chance to join our driven experts in Computer Aided Engineering to secure a greener future for the builders of tomorrow.
Core ResponsibilitiesAs Material Testing Specialist in Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) you will be a key member to develop the CAE Material test platform from definition of needs and methodologies to execution, in collaboration with our Material department and moulding team. Specifically, you will:
• Manage projects that: develop, define requirements, validate & implement new mechanical test methods or test equipment
• Develop & implement new mechanical test models, procedures, standards & technologies in order to secure high quality test data and documentation
• Execute mechanical testing according to priorities and plans based on material platform activities, projects and customer needs
• Maintain technology roadmaps for lab areas
• Drive communication of lab platform activities and findings in a clear and visual manner
Play your part in our team succeedingBased from our office in Billund, you will join 12 dedicated colleagues in the CAE department. We are one of the most technical departments in the LEGO Group and a partner of choice for the engineering value chain, both for the design of elements and moulds. Through flow simulation of the injection moulding process, mechanical performance of the bricks and of the moulds, optimization of the cooling channels and inlet, we contribute to getting the right design the first time through instead of iterating in the steel.
On our journey to sustainable materials, the CAE department needs to establish the mechanical testing methods and execute those tests in order to establish a robust empirical foundation to our simulations.
Do you have what it takes?Your background has given you an extensive knowledge of mechanical testing of materials (incl. Polymers) within R&D testing area. You have understanding of basic materials properties and analytical understanding of implications of the properties. You are a great teammate with good communication skills that enable you to build positive relationship and management of multiple technical partnerships. Finally, you are focused on quality – and take a broad approach to it – and you want to work in a position where you gain and will have to look for new knowledge daily. In addition, you have:
• A master or Ph.D. in e.g. Mechanical/ Material/Process/chemical engineering or physics
• 5+ years of experience with mechanical testing of materials (incl. polymers). Here under:
• Experience with data logging equipment
• Experience with execution and development of lab methods and capabilities
• Experience with knowledge management and communication across org. levels and cross-functional teams
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group:
"In this role you would be the first testing engineer in the CAE department, working very closely with the material department team and within the material lab. You will be part of synergy between the two departments (Material and CAE) and help enabling us succeed on our sustainable journey. " Says Célia Le Gouil-Jensen, Senior Manager, CAE.