District Champion Manager
Fecha de publicación
Id. de la oferta de trabajo
Are you excited in delivering inspirational experiences and being a part of a growing team in LEGO China?We play a key role in building positive partnerships. If you strive to deliver effective customer and retail management, we will give you the space and trust to make a real impact on our performance - and we will help you to learn, grow and fulfill your own potential.
Core Responsibilities• Build strategic partnership and good relationship with responsible customer in the district
• Deliver result by good execution, close tracking, timely review and adjustment of aligned business plan with customer
• Drive retail operational perfection and build-up customer retail capability including flow plan management, activity planning and implementation and in-store merchandising.
• Good budget management skill to support the business development and ensure investment in the right way
• Closely work with internal functional team through collaborative attitude
Play your part in our team succeedingThe field retail team is one of the functional teams under the Sales Department which is mainly covering LCS business management. The focus of FR team is to deliver our core Brand Value Proposition and Customer Value Proposition in the market place by delivering professional customer management and retail operation management.
Do you have what it takes?• At least a Bachelor’s degree
• 6 years’ experience of sales in FMCG, luxury or retail, KA or retail management is preferred
• High value on details, enforce to commit and put your soul in the retail industry
• Strong analytical skills and insights with retail operations experience, good flow plan management skill is preferred
• Fast leaner, adaptable and can-do attitude
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Skilled in office software, esp. Excel and Power Point
• LEGO product fans or like to play bricks
• Willing to share ideas in the team
• Good sense of retail industry development
• Excellent command of English in writing and speaking
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.