- China, Zhejiang
- Job ID
- Diseño/desarrollo de productos
Have you ever wondered where the LEGO 3D models come from? What can be different ways the LEGO sets are displayed in the shops? It´s all created in JIA factory by the team of “Model Builders” that you can become a part of as Designer.So if you are a LEGO fan who believes it´s possible to build anything from LEGO bricks we would like to encourage you to go for the this opportunity and bring and share your portfolio with us.
Core Responsibilities• Working in close partnership with partners and develops concepts of LEGO brick-built models – responsible for creative output. Shows flexibility to work in groups or in close networks and appreciates strength in working with people from diverse backgrounds. Demonstrates a consistent and open communication style. Not afraid of constructive conflicts and challenging situations.
• Demonstrates the ability to deliver strong and improving results by developing and broadening design and modeling knowledge and experience. Actively seeks opportunities for continuously improving the model design and building processes.
• Use 3D softwares (Brick Builder, Maya and others) and create LEGO brick-built models in alignment with proper building techniques and skillset.
• Use strong LEGO elements knowledge and various design techniques to create LEGO models in different styles (prototyping, minilands, gift with purchase, building happening etc.)
• Work with production staff (modelbuilders) to glue models on an as needed basis.
• Actively support development of others within functional area and use strong LEGO design and modelbuilding knowledge & expertise in order to move the bar constantly. Take ownership of shared tasks within the team, deliver through others and indirectly lead the team by own role modeling.
• Collaboration with other functions (e.g. engineering, quality, marketing, et.c) to ensure proper design, development and production of brick-built models and execution of other marketing activities. Support other marketing activities incl. active participation in various marketing events, e.g. building happening, PR activities etc.
• Readily accepts and uses design expertise and input from others to further develop own knowledge and skills
• Represent the LEGO values and company.
Play your part in our team succeedingLEGO Retail Model Production designs, develops and manufactures brick based solutions of in-store and 3D models on a global level. To contribute to the deliverables of the organization it is important to ensure that we are able to flexibly react onto partners demands of LEGO brick-built models also in Asia region (spec. LCS, China or other APAC partners). To cover those demands, there is located LR MP modelshop in LEGO Jiaxing campus which is able to design, develop and produce limited portfolio of LEGO brick-built models (3D models).
This position is responsible for the conceptualation, design and execution of appropriate models and consumer experiences in support of marketing and sales objectives.
Do you have what it takes?MUST HAVE
• Secondary / bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a Design, Art or Technical background
• Knowledge of actual design trends – hungry to learn and be passionate about design, proven track record of design & innovative thinking.
• Broad knowledge of LEGO elements or similar systems and various building techniques
• 2+ years experience in marketing and/or PR
• 2+ years experience with 3D software and modeling - knowledge of 3D & graphic programs (Maya or equivalent 3D software, Adobe Creative Suite)
• Fluent in Mandarin
• Three-dimensional (3D) imagination and colour vision
• Willingness to travel locally and abroad (incl. longer period of stay)
NICE TO HAVE
• Working with different national cultures
• Leading the team directly or indirectly is an advantage
Join the global LEGO® familyThe LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application, current CV and artistic portfolio.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
LEGO designers say: “Designing the LEGO models and statues from the LEGO bricks – it is completely different world and you feel like partly playing while you are at work. It is a dream job!”