LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ follows the original storylines of the epic movie trilogy: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. The game takes players through the epic events of the films’ story, reimagined with the humor and endless variety of LEGO play.
Trusted with the dangerous task of destroying an ancient magical ring which threatens all that is good, Frodo is forced to leave his peaceful home. But the ring wants to be found and the road to Mount Doom, the only place where it can be destroyed, will be perilous and riddled with Orcs and fouler things.
To help Frodo, a Fellowship is formed — Aragorn the Ranger, Gandalf the Wizard, Legolas the Elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Boromir a Man of Gondor, and Frodo’s Hobbit friends Sam, Merry and Pippin. Players relive the legend in LEGO form, as they explore wonders, solve timeless riddles, and overcome endless foes in their quest to destroy the One Ring.
- Explore the open world of Middle-earth and experience epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog, the Witch-king, and other fearsome creatures.
- Wield the power of the Palantír or Seeing-stone (‘one that looks far-away’), and jump between multiple storylines.
- Experience the LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ heroes as they come to life in an all new way, delivering the classic dialogue from the films.
- Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth.
- Discover and unlock over more than 60 playable characters, including Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and many others.
LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS software © 2012 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2012 The LEGO group. © 2012 New Line Productions Inc. All The Lord of the Rings content other than content from the New Line films © 2012 The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises (“SZC”). Mithril, Morgul, The Lord of the Rings and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks of SZC under license to Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “PlayStation” and the “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks and the PlayStation Network Logo is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Nintendo properties are trademarks of Nintendo. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. KINECT, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. All rights reserved.
WB GAMES LOGO, WBIE LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.(s12)