- Your entry must clearly represent BMW brand design
- Your entry should consist of at least 75% LEGO Technic bricks
- Use of homemade stickers is allowed as long as stickers don’t show any brand or trademark
- Entries with military themes will not be eligible for the contest
- Entries containing defamatory or degrading elements will not be eligible for the contest
- Entries consisting of or containing copies of any existing third party work or creation or infringements of any third party intellectual property right will not be eligible for the contest
- Use of any brick parts not produced by the LEGO Group will result in your entry being disqualified
- Entries can be previously built, but cannot be submitted previously in any contest of any kind
- Each entry must have been made by the user submitting it
- Entry photos should show your creation only, and should not show recognizable features of any person or any commercial product other than those of the LEGO Group and BMW
- Entries must not contain LEGO elements which have been modified from their original form, including painted or cut elements
- Entrants must be at least 13 years of age at the time of entry
- If you submit multiple versions of your model, all but the most recent version will be removed
- Entries which are too dark or blurry will be removed from the contest. To ensure easy judging of your entry, we recommend taking pictures on a neutral background free from background clutter, with your model well framed
- The contest is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law. The contest is not open to residents in the state of Quebec
Winners will be contacted on the email address associated with their LEGO ID account after May 19th 2017. Winners will be announced on LEGO Rebrick when all winners have returned the signed Winner’s Certification Documents. A winner who do not return their Winner’s Certification Document within one week (5 days) of receiving it will be disqualified, and a new winner will be selected
Please see all general contest terms and conditions here
The BMW logo, the BMW word mark and model designation are trademarks of BMW and are used under license
What is the timeframe for this contest?
This contest runs until May 4th at 10:00 a.m. EST. Please double check your time zone to make sure you know the exact time the contest ends.
What countries can participate?
The contest is international; therefore entrants from all countries and with any background are welcome to participate to win the prizes, except where prohibited by applicable laws. The contest is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law. The contest is not open to residents in the state of Quebec.
Can a group submit one entry together?
Yes, but it is up to you determine how you distribute the prizes to your group, only the number of prizes outlined in the rules will be given, regardless of the size of the group.
How old do you have to be to participate?
You have to be 13 years or older to participate in the contest. Entrants younger than 13 cannot have their parent or friend submit an entry on their behalf. If you’re under 13 and would like to share your LEGO model, you can still do so on the LEGO.com Create and Share Galleries.
Why can a parent not submit an entry on behalf of a child?
LEGO Rebrick is a contest platform for teen adult members. This contest is designed for participants 13 years or older, and is not set up for younger entrants.
Do I have to have an account to take part?
Yes, you have to have an account on LEGO Rebrick to enter. Your LEGO Rebrick account tied to your LEGO ID or LEGO.com account information, so signing up is easy. Just click the sign in link at top of LEGO.com/Rebrick and fill in your LEGO ID username and password. You’ll then be able to set up a LEGO Rebrick profile linked with your LEGO ID. If you don’t have a LEGO ID, you can also create one by clicking “Sign in” and then “Sign up now”.
How do I enter a contest on LEGO Rebrick?
First, make sure you have a LEGO ID and the LEGO Rebrick account. Next, find the contest you wish to entry and click “submit entry”. Follow the directions on the submit entry page, and you should be good to go! Our moderation team will review it within 1-3 working days to make sure it fits all the contest rules. If for some reason it doesn’t, you will receive any email to the address attached to your LEGO ID informing you how you can change your entry and resubmit it.
Can I submit multiple entries?
Yes, please submit as many models as you wish!
I submitted my entry, but I can’t see it if I log out. How do I know if it was accepted into the contest?
Every new entry must be moderated by the LEGO Rebrick staff to be visible to members who are logged out or those that do not hold an account. This can take 1-3 business days. Once moderated it will be visible to everyone.
How do I know if my entry was submitted correctly?
If you receive a “Success!” pop-up notification after clicking “submit” on the entry submission page, your entry has successfully been submitted. Our moderation team will review it within 1-3 working days to make sure it fits all the contest rules. Always make sure you have read the contest rules and the Legal section before entering a contest on LEGO Rebrick, to ensure that your entry will be accepted.
I don’t own any LEGO parts, can I still enter?
You can enter using LDD. The steps for entering via LDD can be found under VI. Entering Contests in our Legal section.
Some parts in LDD don't exist in real life, can I use them?
You can use any part in LDD. You are encouraged to use parts which do exist in real life to keep things fair to all participants.
Oh no, my pictures are upside down! How do I fix this?
Unfortunately it is not possible to edit an entry on LEGO Rebrick, however the issue with images appearing upside down once submitted is a known bug. Entries will not be evaluated negatively in the judging process if the photos are upside down.
What size model should I build?
There are no size restrictions in this contest, build one as large or small as you wish.
Can I use LEGO system/LEGO BIONICLE/LEGO Duplo parts?
Your model should be primarily made of LEGO Technic. Non-LEGO Technic parts should make up 25% of your model at most, with LEGO Technic parts making up at least 75%. For this contest, a LEGO Technic part is defined as a piece which appears in LEGO Technic sets. If you’re unsure of a part, please research it online to determine if it appears in a LEGO Technic set. Unfortunately we are not able to provide specific feedback on specific parks.
Can I include custom stickers?
Use of homemade stickers is allowed as long as stickers don’t show any brand or trademark.
Can I include my favorite show (an IP) in my model?
Your entry must not contain copies of any existing third party work or creation other than BMW, or infringements of any third party intellectual property right. This includes the use of LEGO Minifigures and Minifigure parts (such as a torso, helmet, etc) from brands including LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Lord of the Rings, LEGO Harry Potter etc.
Oh no, I missed the deadline for the contest! Can I still submit it?
Sorry, to keep it fair to other participants we cannot allow members to submit entries past a contest deadline. We appreciate that you worked hard on your entry, and you can still share it on the LEGO.com Create and Share Gallery. We are also running new contests all the time, and we hope you’re able to submit an entry into another contest later on.