- Your video must be a minimum of 15 seconds and a maximum of 30 seconds
- You must use LEGO MINDSTORMS (any version) or LEGO power functions in your entry
- Your robot must be preforming a task of some kind – the specific challenge or task is up to you
- We encourage adding original sound effects/audio however, adding sound is not a requirement and will not affect judging
- Entries can ONLY contain original audio made by the participant – no copyrighted or even free sound audio is allowed under any circumstances
- If you do make your own music or sound effects, please state so in your description
- Entries cannot contain containing copies of any existing third party work or creation, or infringements of any third party intellectual property right – this includes the use of phones and computers with easily recognizable brand names or logos, please do not include these in your entry
- Your video should show only your robot with minimum background clutter
- Videos which are too blurry or dark will be removed from the contest
- You can enter as many entries as you would like, but only one entry per person will be considered when winners are selected
- Each entry must have been made by the user submitting it
- Entries must not contain LEGO elements which have been modified from their original form, including painted or cut elements
- Entrants must be at least 13 years of age at the time of entry
- If you submit multiple versions of your entry, all but the most recent version will be removedThe contest is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Entries with military or religious themes will not be eligible for the contest
- The Winner will be contacted on the email address associated with their LEGO ID account after August 28th 2017 and announced on LEGO Rebrick when the winner has returned the signed Winner’s Certification Documents. A winner who does not return their Winner’s Certification Document within one week of receiving it will be disqualified, and a new winner will be selected.
Please see all general contest terms and conditions here
What is the timeframe for this contest?
This contest runs until August 18th at 10:00 a.m. EST. Please double check your time zone to make sure you know the exact time the contest ends.
What countries can participate?
The contest is international; therefore entrants from all countries and with any background are welcome to participate to win the prizes, except where prohibited by applicable laws. The contest is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law. The contest is not open to residents in the state of Quebec.
Why can entrants from Quebec not participate?
This contest isn’t open to residents of Quebec due to the stringent rules set out by the regional government to protect the citizens of Quebec.
Can a group submit one entry together?
Yes, but it is up to you determine how you distribute the prizes to your group, only the number of prizes outlined in the rules will be given, regardless of the size of the group.
How old do you have to be to participate?
You have to be 13 years or older to participate in the contest. Entrants younger than 13 cannot have their parent or friend submit an entry on their behalf. If you’re under 13 and would like to share your LEGO model, you can still do so on the LEGO.com Create and Share Galleries.
Why can a parent not submit an entry on behalf of a child?
LEGO Rebrick is a contest platform for teen adult members. This contest is designed for participants 13 years or older, and is not set up for younger entrants.
Do I have to have an account to take part?
Yes, you have to have an account on LEGO Rebrick to enter. Your LEGO Rebrick account tied to your LEGO ID or LEGO.com account information, so signing up is easy. Just click the sign in link at top of LEGO.com/Rebrick and fill in your LEGO ID username and password. You’ll then be able to set up a LEGO Rebrick profile linked with your LEGO ID. If you don’t have a LEGO ID, you can also create one by clicking “Sign in” and then “Sign up now”.
How do I enter a contest on LEGO Rebrick?
First, make sure you have a LEGO ID and the LEGO Rebrick account. Next, find the contest you wish to entry and click “submit entry”. Follow the directions on the submit entry page, making sure you include the URL to your video in the URL field, and you should be good to go! Our moderation team will review it within 1-3 working days to make sure it fits all the contest rules. If for some reason it doesn’t, you will receive any email to the address attached to your LEGO ID informing you how you can change your entry and resubmit it.
How do I upload a video on LEGO Rebrick?
You cannot upload a video on LEGO Rebrick, however you can upload it to the video hosting site of your choosing, and then add the URL to the video during the entry submission process.
Can I submit multiple entries?
Yes, please submit as many models as you wish!
I submitted my entry, but I can’t see it live on LEGO Rebrick. How do I know if it was accepted into the contest?
Every new entry must be moderated by the LEGO Rebrick staff before it is published. This can take 1-3 business days. If our moderation team finds no issues with your entry, it’ll be published. If there is an issue with your entry, you will be contacted via the email address associated with your LEGO ID.
How do I know if my entry was submitted correctly?
If you receive a “Success!” pop-up notification after clicking “submit” on the entry submission page, your entry has successfully been submitted. Our moderation team will review it within 1-3 working days to make sure it fits all the contest rules. Always make sure you have read the contest rules and the Legal section before entering a contest on LEGO Rebrick, to ensure that your entry will be accepted.
Can I include my favorite song?
Please only use music or sound effects you have created yourself. Use of sound, even copyright free song or music which the artist has given his/her express permission isn’t allowed in this contest and will result in your entry being disqualified.
Can I use music or sound effects the author has given me permission to use?
No, please only include music or sound effects you’ve created yourself. Even if the author gives you permission, you must use your own audio. Copyright free music is not permitted in this contest.
What does the judging criteria mean?
We cannot give exact details on the judging criteria or how they will be interpreted by the judges in regards to your entry. Judging is a subjective process and it’s up to the judges how they will apply this criteria.
Oh no, my pictures are upside down! How do I fix this?
Unfortunately it is not possible to edit an entry on LEGO Rebrick, however the issue with images appearing upside down once submitted is a known bug. Entries will not be evaluated negatively in the judging process if the photos are upside down.
Can I use LEGO Constration/LEGO Technic/LEGO BIONICLE parts?
You can add different LEGO elements to your entry; however remember your entry must include LEGO MINDSTORMS (any version) or LEGO power functions.
Can I include my favorite show (an IP) in my model?
Your entry must not contain copies of any existing third party work or creation, or infringements of any third party intellectual property right. This includes the use of LEGO Minifigures and Minifigure parts (such as a torso, helmet, etc) from brands including LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Lord of the Rings, LEGO Harry Potter etc.
When is the trip to LEGO World?
In February 2018. The dates will be finalized with the winner when the event is closer.
If I submit my entry on the deadline, will it be moderated in time for it to be judged with the others?
Yes, all entries will be moderated before the judging process begins. However, we recommend you submit your entry a few days in advance to avoid possible technical errors, and so that if your entry is disqualified, you have time to fix it before the deadline has passed.
Oh no, I missed the deadline for the contest! Can I still submit it?
Sorry, to keep it fair to other participants we cannot allow members to submit entries past a contest deadline. We appreciate that you worked hard on your entry, and you can still share it on the LEGO.com Create and Share Gallery. We are also running new contests all the time, and we hope you’re able to submit an entry into another contest later on.