- Your video must be a minimum of 15 seconds and a maximum of 30 seconds
- You can only create alternative models from LEGO Creator Expert Modular, Fairground, or Holiday sets
- Only use LEGO pieces from the LEGO Creator Expert set you’re using, do not use additional elements from other sets for your model
- Entries can ONLY contain original audio made by the participant – no copyrighted or even free sound audio is allowed under any circumstances
- Note which LEGO Creator Expert set your entry is for in your entry’s description
- Do not show your hands in the video – instead let the model build itself using stop-motion animation
- Please make sure your video is in .MOV, .AVI, .MPEG, MP4, or WMV
- You are allowed to use support material like clay and rubber bands
- Entries with military themes will not be eligible for the contest
- Digitally-made entries are allowed in this contest, along with special effects
- Entries containing defamatory or degrading elements will not be eligible for the contest
- Entries consisting of or containing copies of any existing third party work or creation or infringements of any third party intellectual property right will not be eligible for the contest
- Entries with violent themes, military themes, or religious themes will not be eligible for the contest
- Your video should show only your model with minimum background clutter
- Videos which are too blurry or dark will be removed from the contest Entries containing defamatory or degrading elements will not be eligible for the contest
- Entries can be previously built, but cannot be submitted previously in any contest of any kind competing for a prize
- Each entry must have been made by the user submitting it
- Entries must not contain LEGO elements which have been modified from their original form, including painted or cut elements
- Entrants must be at least 13 years of age at the time of entry
- If you submit multiple versions of your model, all but the most recent version will be removedThe contest is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Winners will be contacted on the email address associated with their LEGO ID account after January 19th 2018. Winners will be announced on LEGO Rebrick when all winners have returned the signed Winner’s Certification Documents. A winner who do not return their Winner’s Certification Document within 5 days of receiving it will be disqualified, and a new winner will be selected.
Please see all general contest terms and conditions here
What is the timeframe for this contest?
This contest runs until Jan 12th at 10:00 a.m. EST. Please double check your time zone to make sure you know the exact time the contest ends.
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced on Jan 29th, on this page.
What countries can participate?
The contest is international; therefore entrants from all countries and with any background are welcome to participate to win the prizes, except where prohibited by applicable laws. The contest is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law.
Can a group submit one entry together?
Yes, but it is up to you determine how you distribute the prizes to your group, only the number of prizes outlined in the rules will be given, regardless of the size of the group.
How old do you have to be to participate?
You have to be 13 years or older to participate in the contest. Entrants younger than 13 cannot have their parent or friend submit an entry on their behalf. If you’re under 13 and would like to share your LEGO model, you can still do so on the LEGO Life app
Why can a parent not submit an entry on behalf of a child?
LEGO Rebrick is a contest platform for teen adult members. This contest is designed for participants 13 years or older, and is not set up for younger entrants.
Do I have to have an account to take part?
Yes, you have to have an account on LEGO Rebrick to enter. Your LEGO Rebrick account tied to your LEGO ID or LEGO.com account information, so signing up is easy. Just click the sign in link at top of LEGO.com/Rebrick and fill in your LEGO ID username and password. You’ll then be able to set up a LEGO Rebrick profile linked with your LEGO ID. If you don’t have a LEGO ID, you can also create one by clicking “Sign in” and then “Sign up now”.
How do I enter a contest on LEGO Rebrick?
First, make sure you have a LEGO ID and the LEGO Rebrick account. Next, find the contest you wish to enter and click “submit entry”. Follow the directions on the submit entry page, and you should be good to go! Our moderation team will review it within 1-3 working days to make sure it fits all the contest rules. Once reviewed, you will receive a notification letting you know if it's been approved. If for some reason it is not approved, you will receive a notification letting you know why. Notifications can be viewed by clicking the bell icon at the top of any page.
Can I submit multiple entries?
Yes, please submit as many models as you wish!
Oh no, my pictures are upside down! How do I fix this?
Unfortunately it is not possible to edit an entry on LEGO Rebrick, however the issue with images appearing upside down once submitted is a known bug. Entries will not be evaluated negatively in the judging process if the photos are upside down.
I submitted my entry, but I can’t see it live on LEGO Rebrick. How do I know if it was accepted into the contest?
Every new entry must be moderated by the LEGO Rebrick staff before it is published. This can take 1-3 business days. If our moderation team finds no issues with your entry, it’ll be published. If there is an issue with your entry, you will receive a notification letting you know. Notifications are visible under the bell icon at the top of any page on LEGO Rebrick.
How do I know if my entry was submitted correctly?
If you receive a “Success!” pop-up notification after clicking “submit” on the entry submission page, your entry has successfully been submitted. Our moderation team will review it within 1-3 working days to make sure it fits all the contest rules. Always make sure you have read the contest rules and the Legal section before entering a contest on LEGO Rebrick, to ensure that your entry will be accepted.
If I submit my entry the day the contest closes, will it be moderated in time to be judged?
Yes, all entries into the contest will be moderated before the judging process starts. However, we recommend submitting your entry a few business days before the deadline, so that if for some reason your entry doesn’t fit the contest rules, it has time to be moderated and you have time to correct the issue with your entry. This will also avoid any technical errors you might have submitting your entry at the last minute.
I see an entry which doesn’t fit the rules/someone stole my work and has entered it into the contest! What do I do?
Please use the link on the entry to notify us of this and we will evaluate the entry and act on it as soon as we can.
I don’t own any LEGO parts, can I still enter?
You can enter using LEGO Digital Designer (LDD). The steps for entering via LDD can be found under VI. Entering Contests in our Legal section. To find parts specific to the LEGO Creator Expert set you wish to rebuild, visit our Building Instructions Database
Can I use illegal building techniques?
Yes, those are allowed in contests on LEGO Rebrick and will not result in disqualification.
What is a Pick of the Week?
A Pick of the Week is an entry from any open contest which is shared on the LEGO Rebrick Facebook
page and @_Rebrick Twitter
account every Thursday. You can nominate an entry (your own or another participant’s) by using the hashtag #RebrickWeeklyPick on either the LEGO Rebrick Facebook page or in a tweet to the @_Rebrick twitter account. The LEGO Rebrick team will also randomly post entries that are of high quality and fit the contest rules. Being chosen or not chosen as a Pick of the Week has no impact on an entry’s chances of winning.
What size model should I build?
your model can be any size.
Can I include stickers?
Please only include stickers included in the LEGO Creator Expert set you’re looking to rebuild.
How do I know which set to create a model for?
Please only create a rebuild from LEGO Creator Expert Fairgrounds, Modular Buildings, or Holiday sets. Do not use any other LEGO Creator Expert sets. All pieces from your entry must be in the one set you’re rebuilding.
What does it mean that my model must be themed after a set?
Your entry must be themed after the set you’re rebuilding. For example, if you building a model from a LEGO Creator Expert Holiday set, your entry could be holiday themed. Please explain how your entry is themed after the set in your description. Don’t be afraid to be creative with how your entry is themed.
If I submit my entry on the deadline, will it be moderated in time for it to be judged with the others?
Yes, all entries will be moderated before the judging process begins. However, we recommend you submit your entry a few days in advance to avoid possible technical errors, and so that if your entry is disqualified, you have time to fix it before the deadline has passed.
Oh no, I missed the deadline for the contest! Can I still submit it?
Sorry, to keep it fair to other participants we cannot allow members to submit entries past a contest deadline. We appreciate that you worked hard on your entry, and you can still share it on the LEGO Life app
. We are also running new contests all the time, and we hope you’re able to submit an entry into another contest later on.