Explore the professions of some of the groundbreaking women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with the LEGO® Ideas Women of NASA set. It features minifigures of 4 pioneering women of NASA— astronomer and educator Nancy Grace Roman, computer scientist and entrepreneur Margaret Hamilton, astronaut, physicist and entrepreneur Sally Ride and astronaut, physician and engineer Mae Jemison—and 3 builds illustrating their areas of expertise. Role-play space exploration from planning to moon landing, beginning with the iconic scene from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1969 of Hamilton with software that she and her team programmed. Build the posable Hubble Space Telescope and launch a LEGO version of the Space Shuttle Challenger with 3 removable rocket stages. The set also includes a booklet about the 4 featured women of NASA, and the fan creator and LEGO designers of this fun and educational set.
- Includes 4 minifigures: Nancy Grace Roman, Margaret Hamilton, Sally Ride and Mae Jemison.
- Features 3 LEGO® builds illustrating the areas of expertise of the 4 featured women of NASA.
- Nancy Grace Roman’s build features a posable Hubble Space Telescope with authentic details and a projected image of a planetary nebula.
- Margaret Hamilton's build features a stack of book elements, representing the books of listings of Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) onboard flight software source code.
- Sally Ride and Mae Jemison’s build features a launchpad and Space Shuttle Challenger with 3 removable rocket stages.
- Also includes printed nameplates for each of the 4 women featured in this set.
- Great for role-playing space exploration missions.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the 4 featured women of NASA, the set's fan creator and the LEGO designers.
- Nancy Grace Roman's build measures over 2" (7cm) high, 3” (9cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- Margaret Hamilton’s build measures over 2" (6cm) high, 3” (8cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep.
- Sally Ride and Mae Jemison’s build measures over 4" (12cm) high, 3” (10cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- November 2nd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0AwsomeAfrica |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIts an awsome set and has great pieces lego did a really good job.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Women of NASA
- November 2nd, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Really cool!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a small set, and a quick build. I think it may be a bit overpriced considering the amount of Legos you get. However, the subject matter is fantastic. Kudos to LEGO for choosing to celebrate these amazing ladies! This set is perfect for display, and is now right next to my big LEGO shuttle and Saturn V. If you like NASA-themed Lego sets, this one is a must!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Women of NASA
- November 3rd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Woohoo!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI've been waiting for this set in anticipation ever since it was proposed. As a woman who works for NASA, it's thrilling to see some of my heroes commemorated. I can't wait to build it and put it next to my Mars Rover!Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55Women of NASA
- November 2nd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0An idea worth having.I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThank you LEGO for making this set a reality. It will be proudly displayed next to the glorious Saturn V rocket to honor the immense contribution these four brilliant individuals have made to the space program and the advancement of science in general. Women of NASA should be admired and celebrated.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 25 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Women of NASA