Volkswagen T1 Camper Van
FREE exclusive Creative Fun 12-in-1 set with purchases over $85 .*Learn more
Temporarily out of stock
Enter your address to find a store near you.
This authentic camper van is a replica of the classic Volkswagen Camper Van from 1962. Every iconic feature is here! On the outside, the terrific detailing includes 'V' shape three-way color split at the front, rounded roof and window frames, opening 'splittie' safari windshield, opening doors, iconic pop-up roof with textile curtain surround, roof rack, rear side air intake vents and lots more! The detailing is equally impressive on the inside, from the authentic VW air-cooled flat four cylinder boxer engine, front cabin bench seat, gear stick, angled dashboard and iconic spherical speedometer, to custom LEGO® features like folding rear bench seat, folding dinette table, closet with mirror and even a painting!
- Build the classic 1962 camper van packed with authentic features!
- Includes “V” shaped color split, “splittie” safari windshield, pop-up roof, textile curtains, “boxer” engine, wing mirrors and folding furniture
- LEGO Creator Expert building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- The Camper Van is over 5” high and 11” long
- 1332 pieces – For LEGO fans over 16 years old
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- April 22nd, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Fantastic outcome/lousy labelingBenderdalek | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is by far outside of the Voltron set I put together. The best final outcome/look to the original product. Pictures do no justice for this Camper Van. My coworkers are even amazed how detailed this set is. Favorite part Make LEGO Not War sticker. The issue here is non of the bags had numbers on them. I was literally looking through multiple bags at one time to find a part. Honestly as a result had to do a straight build instead of doing bag ones. Then coming back later because I was afraid I was going to lose parts. Yes one part is missing and I ordered it through the LEGO store. Factoring in the bags were not labeled added probably 2 to 3 hours to the build and some unneeded anxiety. Subtracting 1 brick for that factor only. For future batches of this set made please put them in numbered bags and change the directions to show the numbered bags.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 16 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Volkswagen T1 Camper Van
- December 29th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The iconic VW Camper........yeah...its awesome!TheSpitFyre | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!I saw that this set was going to come out and started saving up my money, as soon as i had enough money i bought it. When i ordered it i wasn't sure if i was going to be happy, blown away, or disappointed. And gosh, i was totally blown away, who thought you could make this model with only 1,300 pieces. The build was slow and quite challenging, it took me around 4 hours (with a break very once in a while) to build this set. Even though this is my 4th largest set, it was still the longest build. The detailing on this is outstanding! You can look at all of the pictures, zoom, watch the movie and you've barely scratched the surface of this van. I don't want to ruin all of the details for you guys but some of my Favorite details are, the roof rack, which is perfect, the gas cap, the closet with the shirt "make Lego models, not war" hanging in it, so you can see it in the window & the engine,which is probably my favorite part of the Camper. This is such a great set, but there is, of course, always room for improvement. There are some small things that could have been better. First the roof, which is not very sturdy. (but the canvas is great!) Second, the doors could be better. And Stickers, come on Lego, i don't mind stickers to much, but for the VW sign, now thats just wrong. And for those of us who are perfectionists, the engine looks like a V4 not a FLAT 4. And one last thing that is NOT bad about it, but could have been cool, is if the wheels steered, or even just instructions on how to put a steering mechanism in there. Unfortunately they don't steer so you can really only drive it strait.:) But besides those small downs, i have to say it is just.......AWESOMETACULAR!! Thanks Jamie Berard for the great set, you are my favorite designer. P.S. Jamie i hope to get the mini modulars this January. :)Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volkswagen T1 Camper Van
- May 3rd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Good funAFCBLou | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI got this as a birthday present from my parents. Don’t think they’ve bought me Lego for about 30 years. Lol. I loved doing this and it got me hooked on Lego again. The detail is lovely with the oven, sink and table as well as engine. Also bought a light set online for a bit of fun.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volkswagen T1 Camper Van
- December 29th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Lovely details but needs a bit of update.Taris | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set defines the entire Creator vehicle lineup. Although it's a static model, play experience is not too bad since so many tiny accessories placed in the car. Table? yes Futon? yes Plant? yes Lava Lamp(!)? yes! Wine cup? yes! Sink? yes! Poster!? yes! Curtains? yes! Fancy interior lights? yes! I know this model already has a lot of positive reviews, I'll just make some nitpicking. 1. Rear end of the main cabin roof is too weak. I've added a picture to fortify it with a spare flat 2x4 part if you're lucky enough to have one after set assembly (I had one left after full assembly.) It ruins the top rack posture a bit but it's acceptable for me. Maybe someone with better imagination and parts would make it far better than me. 2. Cabin doors are too flaky with closed position. So, I've put another spare 2x1 flat part on the cabin roof, hoping it can hold the doors. In fact, I can even lift the entire vehicle by holding the side windows. 3. In fact, the doors are too flaky and easy to open. if you tilt the car, the doors will loose open and side windows might break up. 4. The empty roof rack feels too... barren, compared to interior. Maybe we can add some spare tires, cooking apparatus(apparently, we have sink, frying pan, and a brush but not a stove), or a folded tent would be wonderful. So, yeah, it's quite playable but some parts are not sturdy enough. That's why I gave 'average' for play experience. But then again, it's basically a 'residence' display model with simple wheels. i.e. take one of those simple Creator building set and add wheels! In other words, your play experience will jump up if you have spare parts to decorate the interior for your imagination. In terms of price.. you know.. this set was released in 2011! and still the same price. You can even find one on local LEGO shop if you're lucky enough. Yeap, you might be able to buy this set with $119.99 even after apocalyptic war while the super star destroyer (which was released in the same year) can't be found easily and you need to pay like $1,000 at least. So, the bang per buck is quite nice! I would love to see a refresh with more fluid and advanced build technique. But the problem is, its size is not suitable for minifigures. So, it may not be suitable to place this model into a LEGO city set or play with regular system block sets. Overall, it's a nice display model to decorate your home and it will shine if you're good at making pretty building with LEGO.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrs 50 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Volkswagen T1 Camper Van