Bring LEGO® Technic™ creations to life with the LEGO Powered Up Technic Hub (88012). This advanced control unit features an integrated tilt sensor, as well as 4 input/output ports to program and control LEGO Powered Up sensors, motors and lights.
- Features an integrated tilt sensor and 4 input/output ports to program and control LEGO® Powered Up motors, lights and sensors.
- Connects via Bluetooth® to the LEGO® Technic™ CONTROL+ app and is compatible with the Powered Up app.
- Designed for use with the LEGO® Technic™ building system.
- Requires 6x AA batteries (not included).
- A great addition to STEM learning and robotics projects.
47% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- February 21st, 2021Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Buy the buggy or rally car insteadPurchased for: SelfI almost made the big mistake of buying a technic hub and 2 XL motors individually today. Luckily I went back and changed it for 1XL motor and the off-road buggy. So I end up paying 11$CAD more than before, but I have one more motor (L and XL have almost exactly the same specs so I don't mind having 2 L motors and 1 XL). I also get about 350 technic pieces in the set including expansive pieces like the new differential, a few gears, 4 shock absorbers, nice wheels, etc. So this is weird. They could sell more of these parts individually with a lower price. But people will end up buying it from third party sellers for half the price.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money1.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Technic™ Hub
- June 1st, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Great product, TERRIBLE priceMike3 |I'm super glad that LEGO decided to sell the Technic CONTROL+ hub and motors separately, but really??? $90 for the hub and $40 each for the motors??? Why would I spend $180 for one of each when I can get ALL THREE plus another 400+ parts with the Top Gear Rally car for $130?!? This should have been priced at $50, with the motors at $25 each...then they would be more consistent with the pricing of the full sets. Until they drop the price, go get the Top Gear Rally Car instead.Play Experience5.0Value for Money1.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Technic™ Hub
- July 14th, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0hubs faulty and don't always workPurchased for: SelfAfter 2 hubs from 2 sets and one replacement sent from customer service, and trying all possible solutions I still can't get a connection to two different devices. Devices faulty because it does seem to update.July 30, 2020Emily, Customer ServiceWe're sorry to hear that you had some trouble connecting your hubs. If it's happened 3 times now, it's not likely to be a technical problem with the hubs themselves. To get your hubs working, first, you'll want to make sure that the devices you're trying both meet all the specs listed at LEGO.build/DeviceCheck-BV. If your devices meet the requirements but aren't on the tested device list, they'll likely work, but it might not be the smoothest experience. From there, uninstall and reinstall the app. This ensures that you have the latest version. During this process, you'll want to make sure that you accept all requested permissions and that your Bluetooth is turned on. If you're using an Android device, you'll need to have location services on as well. (The app doesn't track or save location data, it just needs access for Bluetooth Low Energy to connect.) Next, make sure your hubs have a full compliment of fresh batteries. As shown in the set instructions, each hub takes a total of 6 AAA batteries (3 on each side). If you're using the Technic Control+ app to control a specific set, you'll then need to make sure that all your motors are connected into the right ports in the hub. It won't connect if they're in the wrong spot. (If you're using the Powered Up app to control a custom build, you don't have to worry about this!) Once all that's done, you should have no problem connecting. Just open up the app, wait for the prompt, and press the green on the hub briefly to get the connection going.Play Experience1.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money1.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Technic™ Hub
- June 9th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Really gets the job doneI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis 4 port smart hub really gets the job done. I use the powered up app on a daily basis and when i connect this hub to the app i will just start by saying that it connects really fast. The batteries last a long time (rechargeable or non- rechargeable). I have made many creations using this hub like an automated traffic light system. Or a train crossing system. This hub is very useful for many projects. Yes it is very pricy but it is an electronic component which is what makes it expensive. But when i use this hub for my creations i no longer care for the price do to the quality of this component. I enjoy this hub very much and I recommend it to anyone who build complex models.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Technic™ Hub
Shop more like this: