Recreate one of the 20th century’s most distinctive buildings with the Sydney Opera House™ model. Build the unmistakable shell roofline, waterfront forecourt and more with this authentic representation of Australia’s most iconic building. Employ a variety of new and advanced building techniques to recreate the complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing of the real thing! Collect lots of dark tan LEGO® bricks including the rare 1x1x2/3 stud and 1x2x2/3 stud slopes, as well as a 48x48 stud baseplate in blue for the very first time!
- Features advanced building techniques for complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing
- Includes hard-to-find dark tan LEGO® bricks, tiles and sloped bricks
- Sturdy construction allows the model to be handled and moved
- Build this model of a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
- Collect the 48x48 stud baseplate, available in blue for the very first time
- Recreate Australia’s architectural masterpiece!
- Measures over 11" (28cm) high, 25" (63cm) wide and 15" (38cm) deep
- September 12th, 2013Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Loved this set!I would recommend this to a friend!This was a great set to put together! When I saw it come up on Lego.com in the end of July, beginning of August, I kept checking every day to see when it was available to purchase! I have put together 5 of the modular buildings such as the Grand Emporium and also the London Tower. This set was the most challenging in a good way! Definitely had to think on this one, whereas the others, I basically could do them while watching TV. The further I got along, the easier it was. I built this by myself and because neck fusions only worked on it about an hour a day. It took about 2 weeks to finish it. I always get sad when I'm almost finished with a Lego set. I would have loved to been able to do the Taj Mahal and the Carousel but I just started building Legos this past December and these aren't available anymore. I can't wait for the next "Expert" build Lego set to come out! Thanks Lego for a great item!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sydney Opera House™
- September 16th, 2013Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Wow. Fantastic Recreation.I would recommend this to a friend!Last month I built Tower Bridge, and Sydney Opera House was far more enjoyable, largely due to the newer numbered bags system. The creation of this model certainly must have taken countless hours to figure out how to get all the angles just right. As a result of that dedication to detail, the resulting build does contain some fairly advanced building techniques, but the instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the resulting model is fantastic. I built this by myself over a weekend, and it probably took me 10-12 hours, including getting up to stretch and take breaks. The only detraction for me is the gapped roof peak seam, although there probably aren't any LEGO pieces that could solve this without drastically scaling up the model. In all, I highly recommend this set, especially for fans of architecture and advanced lego building techniques.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sydney Opera House™
- September 8th, 2013Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent design and execution by Lego. A winner!I would recommend this to a friend!Having built the Tower Bridge, the Taj Mahal and the Eiffel Tower within the past year or so, I have to say that this is the best build of them all. The instructions and building techniques are straight forward without any stability problems. Props to the Lego designers for taking a non traditionally shaped building, one with lots of curves, and coming up with building techniques that are both efficient and result in a nice looking model of the original building. I really don't have anything negative to say about this Lego product. If you can afford it, buy it. Don't get throw off by the cost per piece discussion that some get into. This Lego product contains hundreds of uniquely shaped pieces, some of which are quite large. After you have completed the build you will probably look at it and say: 'yep, worth every penny'.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sydney Opera House™
- September 2nd, 2013Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Next throw me Fallingwater.I would recommend this to a friend!The biggest build outside of this was R2-D2, built the VW combi van with the wife. built this over 4 nights 2-3 hours each night. 10-12 hours all up. most will laugh but this was the first build where i organized the bricks before hand. Brickloads easier. highly suggest this build! now i want this sized fallingwater. 8) keen to tackle the tower bridge next.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sydney Opera House™