- Hard to Find Items
Recreate unforgettable scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with this amazing LEGO® incarnation of the Jawas’ desert-going vehicle, the Sandcrawler™. Turn the knob at the rear and steer the Sandcrawler into position, lower the front ramp and offload the droids using the 2 working cranes. Luke Skywalker™ and his Uncle, Owen Lars, are sure to be impressed with the selection on offer: there’s R2-D2, an R1-series Droid, an R2 unit, R5-D4™, a Treadwell Droid™, Gonk Droid™ and even C-3PO™. When the purchase is complete, lift the side panels and top to reveal more great features inside, like the engine, storage bay, cockpit and more. There’s even a speeder bike for when the Jawas need to venture outside.
- Includes 7 minifigures: Luke Skywalker™, Uncle Owen, C-3PO™ and 4 Jawas™, plus R2-D2™, R2 unit, an R1-series Droid™, Gonk Droid™, R5-D4™ and a Treadwell Droid™
- Features 8 tracks with steering function, lowering front ramp, opening side flaps, removable top, working cranes, speeder bike, opening hatch for easy access to the boxes, attachable handles for lifting boxes, and a detailed interior including engine bay, storage bay and cockpit
- Also includes stock for old droids and droid parts
- Weapons include a lightsaber for Luke Skywalker™
- Sell droids to Luke and his Uncle
- Keep your droids well maintained
- Pretend to suck R2-D2™ up into the Sandcrawler™ – just like in the movie!
- Own your own iconic vehicle from the classic Star Wars™ universe
- Relive classic moments from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Measures over 9” (24cm) high, 18” (48cm) long and 6” (16cm) wide
- July 21st, 2014Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A must have for your UCS collection.onelogue |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfSo I only buy the Star Wars UCS sets since I only build them to display. I have all UCS sets including the 2005 sand crawler (which i really like) but when i heard Lego was coming out with a UCS model i had high expectations. And they were nearly met! This set is much more detailed than the last sandcrawle and the playability is also on the same level. There are much more droids in this set so I'm sure young kids will like that. It is a strenuous build but i think we all like that. My biggest complaint is that i was expecting a info plaque like previous UCS sets. Almost all my previous sets have a plaque so it was disappointing not getting one. Very happy with what I got for the money and very impressed with how Lego was able to cram so much detail into this large set. I kept telling myself how genius they were by how they interlock the technic and gears of this set. It is very strong and stable. Very Impressed!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandcrawler™
- May 11th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Epic buildI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis has been on my wanted list for quite a while now and i am glad to have finally got hold of it. Firstly, on the down side, like others who have reviewed this have already said with it being a UCS set it is a shame not to have a display plaque. Maybe the good people at Lego could retro build one to be made available. On to the plus sides... This set, like the death star, features amazing attention to detail, a good selection of characters and a huge amount of features that are easily accessible from the hinged sides and lift away roof. Even though i only got it for display it is easy to see how much playability there would be with this. Although it is expensive i thought considering it's size and time spent building it (12 hours) i would definitely say it's worth the money and a great addition to anyone who is a fan of the old school iconic vehicles.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 12 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandcrawler™
- September 26th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great BuildTbiehler |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLove this set. Amazing attention to detail & a sophisticated build based on an engineering standpoint. Everything fits together perfectly while expressing strong dominate lines with a subtle contrast of colors. I built this model over several days, I always take my time because the build is the best part. I thought the set was well worth its value in pieces, not to mention a plethora of mini-figures. Really love this set, glad I could grab one before it became retired. Would recommend grabbing one if you still have the chance. Although not an official collectors edition, this is a set you should be picking up if you're a star wars fan.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 5 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandcrawler™
- July 23rd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The mighty SandcrawlerStove |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was the first UCS set I picked up after coming out of my 'dark ages'. I have hung onto it since February as I was completing a degree, and recently had the time to dedicate to building this wonderful version of an iconic SW vehicle. This build was made all the more special for me as I always wanted the previous Sandcrawler (10144) when I was a kid and received the LEGO Shop at Home magazines... Of course, this thing is really something else! I really took my time with this over 3 evenings, and probably spent about 9 hours on it. You can Google all the specific sizes so I'll spare you the details of those, but let me tell you - it is enormous! You really don't appreciate the size of it until it's finished and you place it near other models, or even minifigures. As if that wasn't enough to make it impressive and imposing, it moves with a real weight to it and is great to admire from all angles while you're at it. The build is enjoyable, very interesting and the repetitive sections are few and far between. The structure is rock solid, resulting in probably the most robust model I've ever come across. The selection of minifigures is wonderful, of course, although I do think for the price one or two more could have been included - possibly an extra Jawa, or a few droids. It would have been nice to have had the prototype white C-3PO design seen slumped in a corner, or possibly an RA-series protocol droid. Since this set is retired, this is not worth dwelling on, but I do want to bring up the 'droid printing lottery', with which we are now all too familiar. Some of the droids in this set have FLAWLESS printing - such as the white and green astromech - while R4-D5 boasts some of the worst printing I have ever seen due to random marks and inaccuracies. I often find myself nervous to purchase sets with droids in them now, knowing that protocol eyes and astromech heads are frequently misaligned. I hope they fix this soon. In all though, an amazing set, and a great shame it is discontinued. But that is, of course, the way of it and I look forward to more incredible UCS products.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandcrawler™