Help the police lock up the bad guys on LEGO® City Prison Island! Watch the crooks work out in the prison yard and open up the prison to see the crooks make their escape plans. You and the police have to be on high alert to catch the crooks sliding through the sewer to catch the getaway boat! Jump in the helicopter and stop them from making an aerial escape in the hot air balloon. They’ll do anything to escape from Prison Island!
- Build the perfect lockup for LEGO City’s biggest crooks, featuring a helicopter, police boat, crooks’ boat and a hot air balloon!
- Prison features two levels with helipad, guard tower and jail yard, along with breakout functions for playing out the crooks’ escape
- Includes 8 minifigures: a male police officer, female police officer, police chief, police pilot, three male crooks and a female crook, plus a shark
- LEGO City building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Prison Island (including helipad) measures over 12” high, 13” wide and 10” deep. Police boat measures over 1” high, 3” long and 3” wide. Helicopter measures over 2” high, 5” long and 1” wide. Crooks’ boat measures over 3” long, 1” wide and under 1” high. Hot air balloon measures over 7” high, 3” long and 3” wide
- 754 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 12
- July 24th, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Got a place for the bad guysJerm |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAfter receiving this set as a gift the other day, I decided to build with my 8 year old to have some bonding playtime. It was well worth it. The vehicles are exceptional , but easy enough that Mr 8 handled them with ease. I enjoyed the prison build and found it more than satisfying. It's a great addition to our Lego City.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Prison Island
- January 11th, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0pretty goodI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a good set. Its just that its more of a jail than a police station. it doesn't really have a place for police officers to hang out in, there are more places for convicts (inmates) than for police officers, and lastly it could be a tad bigger. But other than that i like this set so good job Lego! P.S. My all time favorite Lego City Police Station is the 2008 one! thanks, GarrettPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Prison Island
- December 1st, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.060130 Prison Islandamazed78 |I would recommend this to a friend!Prison Island is a large Lego City themed set of 754 pieces. Inside the box are eight numbered bags (one bag for each stage), one bag without a number with large pieces inside (for instance, a dark gray 16x16 plate and a dark gray rock piece), six instruction manuals and a sticker-sheet for 17 stickers, of which the last two are in the same protective plastic bag. The pieces can be used to build eight minifigures, two boats, a hot air balloon, a helicopter and an island-based prison compound complete with a prison yard, a watchtower and a helipad. I don't think Lego has manufactured a modern prison set before this, although there has been a few prisons in those retired medieval/fantasy Castle sets, one in Lord of the Rings, and one in Ninjago. The bricks and pieces inside bag number 1 build a male police, a male crook, a gray shark, a large black and white police rubber boat and a small olive green rubber raft. Bag number 2 contains the pieces for a male police helicopter pilot, a female crook, a mainly red and black hot air balloon, and a mainly black and white police helicopter. Bags 3 to 8 have the pieces for the gray, white, black and brown prison compound and four additional minifigures: two male prisoners and a male and a female police officer. The minifigures are quite basic: all four police officers are dressed in police uniforms, vests or jumpsuits of varying shades of blue and gray. The prisoners are wearing striped gray and white prison uniforms with an orange sleeveless undershirt and those criminals that aren't yet incarcerated are attired in casual but still striped mainly black and gray civilian clothes. There are no two-sided heads included in this, which in my opinion is a pity. All of the torsos are dual-sided, but only three of the minifigures have leg prints: the chopper pilot and the two stripey prisoners. Although I have categorized the minifigures as basic, in reality most of the torsos are new designs from 2016 and it looks like they will be re-used in 2017 sets as well. So far, both the light royal blue female police torso (element ID 6132846) and the light royal blue male police torso with a gray vest printed on it (6132869) appear only in two sets including this one (for both the other set is 60127 Prison Island Starter Set). Also the police chief torso (6132814) is new, it has been in four 2016 sets including this one. Both prisoner minifigures are made up from new parts (including the striped legs) and are currently available for purchase through two sets, the mustachioed prisoner wearing an orange tank top is in 60126 Tire Escape and the prisoner with angry eyebrows is also in 60128 Police Pursuit. The mustachioed prisoner head (6057836) is originally from one of The Lego Movie sets (70812 Creative Ambush) and this is only its third appearance. There are some rarish pieces or recolors in this set: the black (element ID 6141950) and red (6141949) curved balloon pieces in those particular colors are currently available only in this set. The light gray brick 1x3x2 with inside bow (6129340), the black large rubber boat (6139318), and the titanium metallic lattice for frame 4x6 (92589) appear in three sets including this one. The dark gray mountain brick (6138752) is a new piece from 2016 and has, thus far, been in four sets. The olive green rubber boat (6016453) is an older piece, but in this color it has been included in four sets, just to mention a few. I thought the build was surprisingly easy: there are a few technic pieces included, but they are not those horrible gears and axles and stoppers and spinning devices that require a lot of careful positioning and, incidentally, make my toes curl in fright. In my opinion, pasting on the stickers and attaching the pin-connected sections of the prison to each other were the most difficult parts of this build. The central structure of the exceedingly cool hot air balloon might also be slightly on the more difficult side for some builders and I had some trouble building the underside of the escape chute: I placed some of the bricks one stud away from the wall when they should have been flush with it. In my opinion, Prison Island is truly a great and original set: finally there is a place where all those countless criminals can serve their sentences! The set has many fantastic play features (of which the chute is my favorite) and one of the breakable wall sections is such a secret that I could not find a picture of it at the back of the box. However, my absolute favorite part of this set is the hot air balloon, I simply love it! I thought it was nice to include a toilet inside the compound, and it seems to me that the coffee-maker is different (again) from all the previous ones that I have seen. There are also a couple of really humorous details: the black brick-built hand weight, the sticker picture of the female crook on the wall of the prison yard, and what I presume is a 'worker of the month' stickered picture inside the guard tower, although it is a bit hard to see. I think this set would look good when combined with Deep Sea sets (such as 60095) or 31051 Lighthouse Point. I actually tested it with 75903 Haunted Lighthouse and the colors match so well that they might have been a part of the same set! I only have a couple of things I did not like about this set: 1) In my set, two of the barred doors are so loose that they will not stay shut. I tried switching them to another side of the door frame but that did not solve the problem. 2) Some parts of the prison are a little cramped. 3) No ladder to reach the top floors. 4) The stickered white sign should read 'prison' and not 'police'. 5) The handcuffs at the back of the chopper look a bit weird. All in all, a great set for those who are looking for some variety and/or have an overflow of crooks in their Lego City!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Prison Island
- January 23rd, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0cncguy |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterI bought this for my daughter upon her choosing. I sorta took over and did the assembly myself.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Prison Island