Kids who love the sea and its wildlife will love this LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Base (60265) playset. There’s lots of fun to be had exploring the coral-covered ocean or chilling out inside the base with its interchangeable living and research modules. And with a cool toy crane, docking submarine and underwater drone, plus shark and stingray figures and a 5 strong team of explorer minifigures, there's plenty of excitement for kids to discover!
An immersive building experience
You'll find easy to follow building instructions for this 5+ LEGO® City toy in the box. Or you hop online and download Instructions PLUS, part of the LEGO Building Instructions app for smartphones and tablets. This interactive building guide, with amazing zoom and rotate viewing tools, quickly turns budding LEGO builders into master builders!
Cool exploration toy for kids
LEGO City is proud to support the work of National Geographic Explorers. And with feature-rich buildings, cool vehicles and fun characters our Ocean playsets inspire realistic play scenarios for budding explorers.
- Kids can dive deep into imaginative underwater adventures with this amazing LEGO® City (60265) Ocean Exploration Base playset. It has all kids need for a fun and rewarding play experience.
- What’s In the box? A toy ocean exploration base with interchangeable living and research modules, plus a docking submarine, underwater drone, 5 researcher minifigures and shark and stingray figures.
- The LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Base features interchangeable living and research modules and a docking submarine with movable inspection arms, spinning propeller and opening cockpit with room for two minifigures.
- Looking for cool toys for kids aged 5+? This playset makes a great Christmas, birthday or any-other-day present for LEGO® City fans and kids who love to role-play. Requires only very basic building skills.
- When built, the exploration base measures over 7” (20cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 5” (15cm) deep, while the underwater drone measures over 1" (3cm) high, 2" (6cm) long and 1" (3cm) wide.
- Does it need batteries? No, this construction set is powered by small kids with big imaginations – simply open the bags of LEGO® bricks and the play can start right away!
- This building set comes with a printed building guide and Instructions PLUS – an interactive construction guide for budding builders. Available as part of the free LEGO® Building Instructions app for smart devices.
- LEGO® City is proud to support the groundbreaking work of National Geographic Explorers, who help build a better world for us all. LEGO City Ocean playsets introduce kids to the exciting world of underwater exploration.
- Every LEGO® City Ocean playset is designed to the highest industry standards and criteria. This ensures that the LEGO bricks and pieces are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure every kid's building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- September 12th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0I would recommend this to a friend!My son put this together right away when it came. He was so focused on getting all put together. There were some challenging parts for him — he is only 6 years old, but in general the pictures allowed him to easily put it together himself which he likes to do. He really does enjoy playing with it even after it is put together which is not always the case with other Legos he has put together. He likes how it can come apart into separate little underwater vehicles. He likes the colorful gems as well.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?45Ocean Exploration Base
- September 15th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great set and Great initiativeLordbeautifulflag | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was a very fun experience, the set is amazing, well designed, and visually appealing! The only thing I felt was lacking was a way to fix the divers to the ground. Because of their flippers, they tend to skate away or fall pretty easily. The fact that the set is in support of National Geographic is also a very positive aspect that made the set even more enjoyable.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base
- September 14th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great Lego SetI would recommend this to a friend!My 9 year old son had a great time building this set and has played with it a ton so far. He has added it into his Lego City sets and is excited to have an underwater themed set. The set was moderately difficult to build. It did take him awhile, but as usual Lego did a great job with their detailed instructions. The hammerhead shark and stingray were animals we didn't have yet and they are super cute! This is a great set for Lego lovers!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base
- September 10th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Family Fun!jayzay83 |I would recommend this to a friend!I don't know who was more excited when they saw this set, my kids or my husband. I actually had to take it away from my husband to keep him from building it without our kids. I loved watching build this together. Great family fun that lasted 3 days. My son kept wanting to take it apart and put it back together. I am definitely going to be buying.more sets for Christmas this year! Thanks Lego for a terrific product that brings my family together!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base