Liebherr R 9800 ExcavatorLiebherr R 9800 Excavator4.4242533.
Race to the Hidden Side™ with a FREE Drag Racer when you spend over $45.*
Enter your address to find a store near you.
High-end excavator replica modelHigh-fidelity replica model, operated via the LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app and powered by 2 advanced Smart Hubs and 7 motors.
Realistic features and motorized functionsRotate the superstructure, operate the boom and bucket, drive forward and backwards and record movements—via a smart device.
Explore innovative engineering
Developed in partnership with Liebherr with over 4,000 parts.
Includes access ways, cockpit, extensible ladder and more.
Powered by advanced technologies
3 XL Motors and 4 L Motors for realistic functionality.
Advanced smart hubs
Includes 2 Smart Hubs for control via a smart device.
Operated via the free LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app.
Perform complex maneuvers with ease.
A highly rewarding building experienceLEGO® builders are introduced to advanced elements of engineering as they build this Liebherr R 9800 Excavator replica.
Get ready for a colossal LEGO® build and play experience with the 4,108-piece LEGO Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator. Developed in partnership with Liebherr, this replica model is operated via the intuitive LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL+ app and powered by 2 advanced Smart Hubs with 7 motors. The sophisticated app technology enables super-precise movement and amazing functionality, while delivering endless authentic digital play combinations via 4 different control screens with cool graphics. The Multi-function control screen enables users to drive the machine in all directions, rotate the superstructure, extend and raise the boom, open and tilt the bucket, play realistic sound effects and get real-time feedback, such as boom position, power usage and drive distance. With the One-touch screen, users can use drag patterns to control the boom, arm and bucket, while the Custom-built movements screen enables them to choose pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements. And, with the Challenges & achievements screen, users can complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- This excavator model features the LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app for a more immersive and realistic play experience and hours of fun.
- The app-controlled LEGO® Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator is operated via a smart device with 4 alternative control screens. Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible smart devices.
- Multi-function control: Drive forward, reverse, steer, rotate the superstructure, extend, raise and lower the boom, open and tilt the bucket and get model feedback, such as boom and superstructure position, power usage and drive distance.
- One-touch control: Select an on-screen drag pattern and see the excavator respond to your command.
- Custom-built movements: Use pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements.
- Challenges & achievements: Complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- Replica of the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator with an array of true-to-life features and functions, finished with an authentic color scheme and cool sticker detailing.
- Includes 3 XL Motors, 4 L Motors and 2 Bluetooth-controlled Smart Hubs.
- Smart Hubs feature Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, activation button, 6 axis sensor (3 gyro and 3 accelerometer sensors) and 4 connectivity ports.
- The app allows users to connect to multiple hubs, ensuring precise and true-to-life movements.
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- This excavator toy requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- This LEGO® Technic™ construction toy introduces LEGO builders to advanced elements of engineering.
- Not compatible with the Power Functions systems.
- Liebherr R 9800 Excavator measures over 15” (39cm) high, 25” (65cm) long and 10” (27cm) wide.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in 5 daysAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Awful Building ExperienceJohnny199 | 25-34Purchased for: SelfWhen I finished my No.2 step of building and attempted to text the second Bluetooth Hub whether it can normally work. Consequently, it cannot to connect to phone. I thought the first Hub repair successfully so that the problem is not from my phone or app, just up to Hub itself. I try to figure out why and follow the instruction to set it up many times. However, absolutely, it still keep being unconnected with app. I try to contact customer service by email. But I have to wait a couple days for response when I received the lego systemic replying email. there is only way to stop building and wait for solution. I hope It will be solved. I realize that the electronic component absolutely unreliable than the physical one, so that I don’t recommend this product.October 16, 2019Callie, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear you've experienced some frustration with the power functions for the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator! To get your build back on course, make sure to continue on to the steps using bag 3 — this way the three motors that are added will alert the Smart hub that the components are ready to connect. If you connect the three motors in the subsequent steps, and still can't get started, please get in touch with us at LEGO.build/Service and we'll be happy to help get your excavator up and running!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Liebherr R 9800 Excavator
- in 18 daysAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Brilliant setBrucey | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfBought this to build over xmas for myself. What an amazing build/set. However on the downside it wasn't until the last stages of construction that 2 missing pieces became apparent resulting in being unable to finish off this beast. IT was bags no.5 that 2 missing pieces became apparent. Have filled in missing piece request from lego. No problems with testing of hubs.
Response from LEGO SHOPJanuary 2, 2020Emily, Customer ServiceOh no! I’m sorry to hear that you had some trouble with your LEGO® set, but I’m glad you got in touch with us. It’s very unusual for a set to be missing any pieces, but in the rare case it does happen, we’re here to help. Your parts will be on the way as soon as possible! And if you need anything else, don’t hesitate to reach us at LEGO.build/Service.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Liebherr R 9800 Excavator
- in 9 daysAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0SpectacularDrSLK | 65 or olderI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is by far the most satisfying build of all the Lego kits I've assembled in my life time. The final model is sturdy, and feels very solid, such that you are not afraid to pick it up and move it around- no loose pieces falling off when operational. There is plenty of detailing on the excavator, from cockpit controls (barely visible), to rubber hydraulic hoses, and lots of railings, and nicely made cooling fan blades (again barely visible), doors that open to reveal the hydraulic pumps, and many other details that make this model so realistic. After reading reviews from Lego suggesting that you should NOT test the electronics until all motors and hubs are completely connected was a truism, because nothing will happen if one tries to run the tests that are suggested in the manual. And it was rather scary waiting so far into the build to see if anything worked, but everything did spring to life at the end of assembly. The cell phone control app. was also quite amazing in how many ways it gives you to control the model. The movements from all seven motors was smooth and gave realistic actions. This was in a whole new class of Legos! I can hardly wait to see what the future brings in this type of complex, remote controllable, realistic, solid, robotic devices. This was a really fun kit to assemble, and also, plenty of fun to operate. Enjoy the journey!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 6 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Liebherr R 9800 Excavator
- in about 1 monthAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Best play experience ever hadelvischien | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!First of all this set is not that “technic” compared to some of the “groundbreaking” flag ship sets. One thing I really need to give credit to is the play experience. Honestly Id rather have a set that’s ok interesting to build and works great after built( especially for sets with power functions ) than a set that has a fancy gear box and long drive trains but doesn’t work as smooth as you would expect. This is something that I always had complaints about technic sets. The Arocs is probably the only set that’s satisfying to build as well as to play with. (Highly recommend this set) So in terms of play experience this set really does a great job, everything works really smoothly(thanks to the short drive trains). APP works good as well. The only minor issue with the set is driving. The motors for the tracks is a little bit on the weak side. While on a perfectly flat surface it works great. When on a slightly rougher surface turning is almost impossible as it can no longer handle the torque without triggering the new clutch. A bit disappointed but none the less a fantastic set.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 14 hrsWas this helpful?55Liebherr R 9800 Excavator