Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control
WARNING! CHOKING HAZARD.
Take command of your LEGO® models with this remote control. Add a LEGO Power Functions IR Receiver, battery box and motors (sold separately) to your LEGO creations, and then use this handy remote control to control the speed!
- Features a 4-channel, 7-speed, infrared remote control!
- Use the jog wheels to control your motor speed!
- Requires 3 AAA (1.5v) batteries, not included.
85% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- January 19th, 2011Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Controls Your Lego Models Like Nothing Beforekriskec |I would recommend this to a friend!I bought the IR Speed Remote Control with an IR Receiver and worked out pretty good with each other. I like that fact that you can control up to 4 things at once on it and that you can easily control the speed of the motors steady or fast or really slow. It's cool that you can hook up stuff to the sides and the knob's. The really good feature that it has is a stop button on each channel. Also it uses battery power really well because it only uses it when the buttons or sensors are moved. Excellent Product, Makes Building Lego Power Functions Excellent.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty5.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control
- September 13th, 2009Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0So Versatile its unvelievableDave77 |I would recommend this to a friend!It took quite some time to get used to but with perseverence it will make sence the more you use it. Got it originally for rate control for the Emerald Night set which really brings the set to life but then moved over to the motorised Technic Bulldoser and some of my own creations. The variable speed control brings so much to your power functions that the on/off switches of older controllers simply cannot provide. To understand the full benefit you need to see the system in operation however simply imagine the motion of a train pulling out of a station, it is slow and gradual as it builds up momentum. Similarly its arrival at the platform is a slow delcine in momentum. That is exactly what this controller brings - control over the rate of animation. The red buttons act as an emergency stop which you will use an awful lot as you get used to it . Contrary to uncertainties in my earlier review for the future of the standard remote controller, this does not render the old unit obsolete. It does infact complement it rather well. Some items such as lights and in some installations, actuators, work better with a simple on/off function. The old controller and new speed remote controller clip together really well to form a console and together they are infact greater than the sum of their parts. Buy it and you may be frustrated to begin with, however, have patience and continue to experiment with its application, as the rewards will bring your Lego to life. Excellent work Lego 10/10Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control
- March 13th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great Productwnadgmom |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonPretty self-explanatory. Works well. Not too expensive. You need an IR Receiver to use this product.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 15 minsWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control
- January 1st, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0NO INSTRUCTIONS!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this as a four part package (8879, 8884, 88000 and 88002) to motorise set 10254 The Winter Holiday Train which, in my opinion, is an excellent set and will join my Winter/Christmas diorama next Christmas. Initially I bought two parts just to make the train go but it went around the small track so quickly it always fell off! There are diagrams within the conversion instructions in the 10254 booklet but no details about how to use any of the apparatus so a ten minute job took me three times that to get it all going. However once set up the controls work beautifully. It's not a cheap option as nine batteries are needed in total and the four parts add up to over £40. I have used the parts left over to make a truck for the station and added a few extra minifigs to make the set look a little more realistic. (The "Challenging" review relates to my difficulty in understanding how the item worked in the first place!)Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control
Shop more like this: