- LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box3.85295.
Average rating3.9out of 5 stars
FREE exclusive Creative Fun 12-in-1 set with purchases over $85 .*Learn more
Enter your address to find a store near you.
Add even more power to your LEGO® Power Functions! Use the LEGO Power Functions AAA Battery Box to energize your creations with more power than ever before! Features a control switch on the box.Building Instructions
- Features a control switch on the box
- Powers 2 XL-Motors or 4 M-Motors at once
- Same size as #8878 LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
- Requires 6 AAA (1.5V) batteries, not included
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
82% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating3.9out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating4.1out of 5 stars
Level of DifficultyAverage rating1.8out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating3.8out of 5 stars
- December 26th, 2014Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Battery Box not working?ChristiansDad2 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonGot this battery box with the High speed train(60051) and had a similar problem as a previous reviewer. Swopped Duracell battery's for Energizer and it sprung into life. Contact points on Duracell seem to have a slightly greater circumference and don't seat well into the box. My little boy loves the train and has been playing with it for hours. I loved helping him build it too:)Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
- November 25th, 2014Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Design Defect?gan777 | 35-44This item came with the 60052 Cargo Train set I bought for my boys. When I put new batteries in, it would not work at all. I looked closer and see the metal contacts for the battery top posts are recessed too far and the batteries cannot make contact. I put a small piece of aluminum foil in the recessed hole before putting in each battery and it works perfectly fine. I am using Duracell batteries so it isn't a low quality battery problem. Perhaps I just got one from a bad batch? Or have others experienced this same problem?December 16, 2014Nicholas, Technical Product Specialist, LEGO® Consumer ServicesThank you very much for providing us with this feedback. Our technical teams are looking into the reason why this happened to your battery box. We can say that we have discovered that Duracell brand batteries have a slightly shorter than normal positive output which prevent it from coming into contact with the metal contact plates inside the battery box. Try swapping out your Duracell batteries with another brand, that should fix the issue. If you are still having trouble give our customer service representatives a call, they will be happy to help you. Thank you again for your feedback.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
- March 3rd, 2011Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Yippie!JohnnyB | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!I have been anxiously waiting for Lego to sell these by themselves. I have two from the new train sets and they are nice. Their small size makes them ideal for powering trains at only 4 studs wide and 4 bricks high. Things I like are it's small size, the green "on" light, and the reverse polarity switch. Things I wish it had are technic pin holes, an easier to open battery compartment (screws), and for the top to be recessed where the plug goes so it's even or flush across the top with plug on it. The rechargeable version of this is just way too expensive @$50 and has a longer down-time when the battery(s) dies. I have already ordered more of these as they will be great for other power function creations too. I give them a 9/10 for the aforementioned reasons.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
- April 5th, 2013Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great accessory basic machines+Long battery lifeLegocitybuilder2 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!I first got this Bat box in the (7939) Lego city cargo train. It powered the train motor very well. It managed (with struggle) to go up a very steep slope in the train track, while pulling all three trucks. I bought some Lego Power functions lights (8870) and put them at the front of the train. The Bat box powered the lights and the Train with all three trucks up the same slope. However, when I ran the lights while the train motor was running at full speed (7/7), the lights would only run at 6/7 brightness. I also bought a second one of these Bat boxes, two M motors and an Ir receiver and I put them in my train crossing (7936). I put that receiver on freq. 3, and the train receiver on freq. 2. With that done I could control the train speed and lights, then put the boom gates down, and run the train over the Train crossing. Now for the pros and cons: Pros: -Very long battery life (only went through 2 loads of 6 AAA batteries in 3 years. -Easy to assemble and connect motors -Very powerful Cons: -Very bulky, takes up a lot of space. -Heavy (some motors aren't strong enough to pull it) Summary: Very good motor, definitely recommend it to any Lego fan.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box