This robot talks, walks and thinksPowered by LEGO® creativity and advanced technology.
Five robots in one set!Program your robots with the FREE EV3 Programmer App.
LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3
All-terrain action with bazooka, gripping claw and hammer.
Slithers like a cobra and strikes with lightning speed.
Moves like a scorpion with snapping claws and ﬁring tail.
The most advanced, with spinning tri-blade and bazooka.
Powered with enough muscle to grab and drop a can of soda.
Infrared, color and touch sensors
Robots can feel and see their surroundings.
Build any robot imaginableA perfect robotics set for both young and advanced builders.
Combining the versatility of the LEGO® building system with the most advanced technology we've ever developed, LEGO MINDSTORMS® EV3 lets you unleash a world of walking, talking and thinking robots that do anything you can imagine. Complete a series of challenging missions using the intuitive icon-based EV3 Programmer App for tablet devices to build and program TRACK3R, R3PTAR, SPIK3R, EV3RSTORM and GRIPP3R, and then create your own programs. Take your robotics skills to the next level with the companion EV3 Software for PC and Mac, with its more advanced yet familiar programming interface. For instant control, download the free Robot Commander app for smart devices or use the infrared remote control included with each set. Want to share your own creations and be inspired by others? Log on to LEGO.com/MINDSTORMS to access a world of exciting content and interact with a huge online community of LEGO MINDSTORMS fans. The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 robot revolution continues!
- Build and program walking, talking and thinking robots that do anything you can imagine
- Includes Intelligent EV3 Brick & three servo motors, plus colour, touch and IR sensors
- SPIK3R is over 16” high, 14” long and 15” wide
- LEGO MINDSTORMS building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- 601 pieces – For boys and girls over 10 years old
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- July 2nd, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0AWESOMEIbby | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI've been waiting a year to get this set! And when I finally did I ripped the box right open and started building tracker. I made a few robot and overall, I'm happy with the product. One thing that sucks about this is the amount of batteries this thing eats up. The 6 batteries lasted for about 1 and a half months. Definitly a battery waster but overall a great product!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 hrs 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3
- November 26th, 2013Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Not the MindStorms I RememberMadsmith | 25-34I fell in love with Mindstorms in college when we used a Lego RCX to program our projects in my Intro to Robotics course. It was a lot of fun and you really could express your ideas in so many ways. That is what Mindstorms brings to mind. Brainstorming solutions, the limit of what you can do is what your mind can think of. After opening my EV3 kit, I set aside the instructions and went about creating my children a little robot. I start looking through the pieces and I realize that all of the things I loved to build with a not in this set. No differential drive. I have 4 wheels and two treads, but I can't create something with both treads and wheels. No technic bricks what so ever. 3 gears sizes but it's really hard to build a gear reduction when they don't align, let alone when I don't have any non-friction connector peg cross axles. And then I'm looking at the servo motor and thinking to myself, man this takes up a ton of space. I'm going to have to find some creative way to build around all of this. I've got a handful of swords... K, I don't really need those but they're nice decorative pieces. I've got plenty of body plates, weird balls, and pre-casted cages pieces but it's all decorative fluff. When you get does to it, the guts are missing. This kit is setup to build the 5 basic robot layouts designed on the box and not much more than that. Even my 8 year old daughter picked it up and within 5 minutes said, "I can't build what I want with this". Now, on the positive side, I do like the new controller. I like that it features Bluetooth. With the iOS app, you can build your own custom controllers which is pretty cool. It has a nice diagnostic page for checking the values on all the ports and positions of all the servo motors. It also has a page to manually drive the motor ports with the buttons. But... It does take a long time to turn on which is a real pain when you're iteratively building your own creation and you want to test ideas while not leaving it running all the time draining batteries. And it seems a bit heftier than the old RCX controller. I had some concerns because it's a tad weighty for the servo motors to lift (particularly with the extra length of the motor unit, creating leverage against the motor). It features a stud less design, which speaks to some of the frustrations with this set. It'd be nice to have other ways to connect my lego's and technic parts to this other than connector pegs. This set really needs some more spare parts included with it to let the users run wild with their imagination. Or alternatively, if we're minimizing giving the consumer extra parts that won't be used in every creation, then give me an add-on set I can purchase that has the pieces I'm going to very quickly realize I need if I want to do more than what's in the 5 sample robots. Overall, this set has left me disappointed. I much prefer the technic motors to these ones. I wish they could give me servo motors in the technic motor form factor. I wish they included bricks and studs with this set, something other than angular beams. I wish there were cams and diff drives and turrets. I wish I had a full collection of connector pegs and cross axels and gears. I wish I just had more...Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3
- October 20th, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Very cool stuffApersoncoolerthanyou | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!We use these at school (I'm a student) and I seriously adore these. We are placed in groups based on experience and ability, so that more advanced groups get harder, more challenging projects, probably on of the coolest I have made with this set is the EV3STORM, its huge. I would definitely buy it for myself and recommend it as a powerful learning tool useful for all ages. HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDPlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 1 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3
- November 11th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Addicting funrootbeer1237 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI got this set for my birthday and I can't stop playing with it! Though, I think that it should coming with the rechargeable battery and DC charger.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3