Jestro's Volcano Lair
Send in the futuristic knights to steal the spell books from Jestro's Volcano Lair, featuring a trapdoor, spinning lava mouth, movable saw blade on the stairwell, detachable throne, library with exploding wall function, and a prison cell with ejecting wall. Turn the lair around to reveal the living quarters with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, prison and a weapon room. Also comes with Macy's Mace Slammer, Axl's Hover Horse and 6 scannable shields. Includes 8 minifigures and 2 Scurriers.
- Includes 10 minifigures: Jestro, Bookkeeper, Lavaria, 2 Ash Attackers, 2 Scurriers, Axl, Macy Halbert and Lance Richmond.
- Features Jestro's Volcano Lair, Macy's Mace Slammer and Axl's Hover Horse.
- Volcano Lair features a detachable throne, a seated disc-shooter weapon, trapdoor function that leads into a spinning lava mouth, stairwell with spinning saw blade to stop the knights climbing the stairs, library with 2 spell books, prison cell with collapsible wall, weapon chamber, treasure room, bedroom with bed, bathroom with bathtub, and a kitchen with a chicken and a banana.
- Mace Slammer features a ball shooter and 2 flick missiles.
- Release the Volcano Lair's trapdoor, and turn the handle to plunge the victim into the jaw of the lava spinning mouth.
- Spin the cog handle to set the saw blade spinning and stop the knights from climbing the stairwell.
- Pull the prison cell's lever to topple the wall.
- Fire Macy's Mace Slammer ball shooter and flick missiles at the library's shield-shaped element to create an explosion effect and retrieve the spell books.
- Also includes the Book of Destruction and Book of Revenge.
- Weapons include Jestro's 2 magic wands, Axl's Axe, Macy's Photon Mace, Lance's NEXO Lance, the Ash Attacker's 2 spears, Lavaria's 2 swords, the Scurrier's axe, a sword and 2 buildable weapons in the weapon chamber.
- Accessory elements include Axl's helmet and shield, Macy's helmet, shield and NEXO armor, Lance's helmet, shield and NEXO armor, arat, frog, chicken, spider, banana, 2 gold goblets, and a cauldron.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 9-14.
- Download the free LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™: MERLOK 2.0 app to your smartphone or tablet. Ask your parents' or guardians' permission before going online.
- Scan shields for each of the 6 NEXO Powers (Flash Cannon, Fire Tornado, Wall Block, Banana Bomb, Jungle Dragon and Whirl Wind) and power up in the LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™ game!
- Watch all your favorite NEXO KNIGHTS™ characters on Cartoon Network.
- Jestro's Volcano Lair measures over 12” (33cm) high, 16” (41cm) wide and 11” (28cm) deep.
- Macy's Mace Slammer measures over 4” (12cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
- Axl's Hover Horse measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (9cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- March 6th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0This Evil Lair is Hot!Nazfool |I would recommend this to a friend!This set is a really fun build with several wonderful roleplay prompts. The building techniques work really well for the set’s core concept, and it is a beautifully bizarre take on a villain’s castle. Sometimes, with sets this big, the roleplay opportunities are one-sided (7097, I’m looking at you). Despite having more bad-guy minifigures, the sides feel balanced given the vehicles and the set’s story world. This set has great roleplay prompts for both the Knights and Jestro. The Knights can assault the Lair with aerial attacks, break their comrades out of jail, loot treasure, arrest Jestro, or capture books before the Book of Monsters can devour them. The Lair has several play prompts for Jestro and his monsters. From “within” the Lair, the Lava Monsters can defend their Master with the disc-shooter, arm themselves with weapons from the armory, guard prisoners, help Jestro escape, and push Knights into the Volcano Monster. The bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen are refreshing opportunities for non-combative roleplay (I have General Magmar in the kitchen, of course). This set is a really enjoyable build. Older builders might need to give younger builders a hand, but that won’t take away from this set’s great building experience. The instruction book is one large volume and is a joy to work from. Overall, this set is a fun build with several fantastic roleplay opportunities. Despite the hefty price, Lava Monster fans will want to buy this set before it retires. I’m recommending Volcano Starter Set (60120); it’s fun to imagine City minifigures exploring too deep and coming across Lava Monsters. (Those sixteen realms gotta intersect somewhere, right?)Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Jestro's Volcano Lair