Put on your spacesuit and head out with Pete, Yve and their robot turtle on a mission to discover the long-lost Exo Suit! Selected by LEGO® Ideas members (formerly known as CUUSOO), this amazing model first appeared in the unofficial book, LEGO Space, written by LEGO fan and builder, Peter Reid. Featuring posable limbs, opening cockpit, grabbing claws and an intricate, modular form that you can tune to suit the most challenging missions, this amazing Exo Suit captures the essence of Classic Space design – and for the first time in 30 years, we’ve kitted Pete and Yve out in green spacesuits with the Classic Space logo! This set also includes building instructions and a fun booklet containing a cool space-themed story featuring the models and minifigures from the set, plus information about the creator. Includes 2 astronaut minifigures.
- Includes Pete and Yve astronaut minifigures
- Exo Suit features posable limbs, opening cockpit, grabbing claws and an intricate, modular design
- Robot turtle also included
- Discover the long-lost Exo Suit!
- Tune the Exo Suit to suit your own space exploration missions
- Includes special spacesuits in green with Classic Space logo!
- Build the model voted for by LEGO® Ideas members
- Includes building instructions and booklet with story and information about the creator
- The perfect gift for fans of LEGO® bricks and space adventurers of all ages
- Stands over 8” (22cm) tall with antenna extended
- August 17th, 2014Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0FantasticI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI wasn't expecting to be that fun to assemble the exosuit. Surprised with the different ways to add details and interlocking pieces. The amount of details are excellent. A noticeable amount of silver colored parts. Great idea adding male and female characters. Love the green suits. Good back story on the manual. Definitely a collector's piece.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Exo Suit
- August 15th, 2014Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Classic Space returns wellFazoom |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI've been building for 35 years and Lego Space was my "Ninjago" or "Star Wars" When I got my first space sets, Lego became more than a building set, it became an outlet for imagination. Now it returns with that same passion and imagination. The future of our past lives again. The pieces are great, the build is engaging and fun, and the play value is awesome. It's not for the youngest of builders, and there are a few detail pieces that can pop off in play... but it's AWESOME looking on your desk. Oh and the green space figs are a welcome addition to the classic line. Thanks LEGO, I hope this, and Benny's set opens up a true return to a classic space line.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Exo Suit
- September 4th, 2014Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A wonderfully detailed mechanized suitI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is the Lego I wished I had when I was an older kid. ExoSuit has a lovely amount of detail and greebling as well as the right dimensions and stance. Some of the techniques and use of parts are surprising, refreshing, and quite creative. Even though not difficult to assemble for an adult, it's an enjoyable build through and through. I want to applaud Peter Reid, first and foremost, for his beautiful but fragile (so he says) original ExoSuit submission, and then his collaboration with Mark Stafford for getting this thoughtful update built -- consider this version as Mark II when viewed side by side with the original. Additionally, the green minifigs, turtle, parts separator, other unique pieces, and booklet are definitely a plus. A number of people have critiqued the new "barrel arms" as lacking sophistication or just plain ugly. I happen to not like them either, but the beauty of lego is that one can modify any build to own's own liking. Later one can change things again once some other idea springs to mind. Bravo for a beautiful Lego all around!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 45 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Exo Suit
- August 7th, 2014Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Lets be honest...Purchased for: SelfGreat offering from the IDEAS department once again. Love the box, great mini-figs and colors. COMPLAINTS: This set really let me down in the play-ability/durability of the mech suit itself, primarily in the front shoulder area and lower legs. The pieces hardly stay together and constantly fall apart. Also the ball joints chosen aren't very strong and only really allow a few poses. IF you don't mind leaving this set alone and never touching it once its built; its one of the coolest ever. OTHERWISE, use the parts and make your own mech. Congrats to the person who designed it, I wish they woulda kept it as close to the original as possible, but from what I read the original is even more fragile.Play Experience1.0Value for Money2.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Exo Suit