The lithium ion EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery is designed for use with the EV3 Intelligent Brick and features a capacity of 2050 mAh. It provides longer run time than AA batteries and can be charged without taking the model apart. The battery is included in the EV3 Education Core Set and has a charge time of around three to four hours. It requires the 45517 DC Charger, which is the same charger as used for the rechargeable NXT DC Battery. These are sold separately.Building Instructions
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in about 2 monthsAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0EV3 batteryRobobuilder | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA fraction on the expensive side, but in the long run worth it. There is an annoying feature in the EV3Mindstorms sets, the ease of changing batteries in built models / robots. In a lot of cases you need to dismantle part of the model to change the batteries and in some cases this can be difficult and includes unplugging sensor cables around parts. The rechargeable battery helps with this problem, but is not the whole solution because in accessing the recharge socket you can still need to pull out sensor cables or move a part to get at the battery socket. Perhaps a right angle power plug on the recharging transformer cable would help in most cases. Alternatively a short adapter cable approx 2 inches long that stays in place on the rechargeable battery, (optional feature ), that way it would be a simple matter to plug in the recharging cable from the transformer without trying to get around the robots cables and parts. Plug and socket extension cable would remain on a robot where it is difficult to access the battery recharging socket due to the robots compact and complex construction.Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?45EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery
- in 2 daysAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Expected better from LegoIgoreAbbyNormal | 35-44Purchased for: SelfReally disappointed with this purchase, for the cost I would have expected it to at least come with a power cord. Granted looking back at the description it does say it required the charging cable sold separately but really it seems a bit ridiculous to sell the battery pack without the charger. So in reality the chargeable DC battery pack costs more than what is listed. So now I'll need to order the charging cable and wait for it to arrive before I can use the battery pack. I expect better from Lego.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?25EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery
- in 2 daysAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0No charging cord is providedCcSs | 35-44Purchased for: Friend$90 for a battery pack is steep--especially when they provide you with no way to charge it. There is no way to recharge the pack without making a separate purchase for the power cord. Although they mention this in the product page (when you choose to read all the details), it just comes across as a hidden expense for an already steeply overpriced item. Why not bundle them together? Certainly Lego can get these at a cheaper price in bulk than the consumer.June 25, 2019Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. We try really hard to make sure that our product listings and packaging are clear, so we're sorry to hear there was still some confusion about the charging cord. We always want our products to be as flexible as possible for fans. We know that a lot of builders may already have charging cords from other MINDSTORMS® products, while others might only want to have one cord to charge multiple batteries. By keeping the two items separate, builders won't be bogged down with extra, unwanted cords.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Was this helpful?15EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery
- in 3 daysAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0M2920 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt is a little bit expensive but very good product. I used rechargeable energize batteries and I could only play with the EV3 for 20 minutes. It was awful! The worst thing in this thing is that you need to buy another battery for your ev3 and you can't use your nxt 2.0 battery! My ev3 was a gift and I am was very angry because of this.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery