Help young LEGO® builders understand the basics of gears, force and movement with the LEGO Technic™ 42097 Compact Crawler Crane. This detailed, robust model comes with an array of realistic features and functions, including extendable outriggers that move both laterally and vertically, an extendable boom, a hoist with extensive cabling and safety lock, and a 180°-rotating superstructure. The Crawler Crane folds into a compact vehicle that travels on rugged crawler tracks and comes with a classic yellow and black color scheme with authentic sticker detailing. Rebuild this 2-in-1 construction toy to create the LEGO Technic Compact Tower Crane.
- Features extendable outriggers that move both laterally and vertically, an extendable boom, a hoist with extensive cabling and safety lock, 180°-rotating superstructure and rugged crawler tracks.
- Drive the Compact Crawler Crane into position, then operate the winch and superstructure to lift and deliver the load with pinpoint accuracy.
- This LEGO® Technic™ set is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- Help your young LEGO® builder understand the basics of gears, force and movement with this realistic LEGO Technic™ building set.
- This construction set is ideal for both beginners and builders who are familiar with the LEGO® Technic™ system of building.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Compact Tower Crane.
- Compact Crawler Crane, with boom and legs extended, measures over 20" (51 cm) high, 19" (49 cm) long and 15" (40 cm) wide.
- Compact Tower Crane, with boom and legs extended, measures over 19” (50 cm) high, 13” (35 cm) long and 8” (22 cm) wide.
- December 9th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0FunJimmena |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI love cranes, i thought it would be more difficult. Like others mentioned, the legs are sort of blah. The boom works well, not i will build the tower crane. Over all, it looks very nice, i had several extra pieces, maybe i'll use them all on the tower crane option (?).Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Compact Crawler Crane
- August 23rd, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great FunctionalityCoJack88 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfGreat smaller set to kill time that my 3 year old who is a crane fanatic cannot leave it alone. Boom detail and functionality is great, however undercarriage feel as though it is lacking. Also scale between boom and undercarriage feels off when set is retracted in travel position. For those that note that the boom cannot rotate without hitting the outriggers. There is a catch, the base of the boom pivots at the slew. This needs to be adjusted forward in order to prevent fouling during boom rotation. (See picture) Will say it is a great array of parts for future MOCS and for the price I believe it represents value for money.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Compact Crawler Crane
- April 8th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Crawler craneVenus |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMy son is only 8 and he built it by himself. I only helped once. He likes the tracks and that it can lift really heavy things. He likes putting it on a table and lift things from the floor. Overall he is happy with it.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Compact Crawler Crane
- August 21st, 2019Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Technic Compact Crawler CranePurchased for: SelfA clever design, however functionality is lacking. Gears that control the Stabilizer legs are loosely mounted, and the legs have slack movement in them. Also there is very little pressure on the legs when fully extended. Most disappointing is the boom which must be adjusted to a very limited height range in order to rotate 180 degrees. Otherwise the stabilizer legs interfere and prevent rotation of the boom. I am quite disappointed with this set.Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 1 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Compact Crawler Crane