- Take to the water with this racing Catamaran floating toy sailboat. Packed with realistic features, it includes 2 sails, 2 dagger boards and rudder.
- Ideal for developing engineering skills, this 2-in-1 model sailboat kit lets kids build, play and rebuild, giving an introduction to how boats really work.
- Master the tactics of a world-class speed-sailor. Angle the sails for the ultimate racing position. Raise and lower the 2 dagger boards to maximize stability. Then use the rudder to steer.
- Looking for the best gifts for a toy boat fan? This LEGO® Technic™ Catamaran (42105) is a great choice. Designed for ages 8+, it’s ideal for LEGO fans looking for a new challenge, or for anyone with a passion for sailing.
- At over 12” (32cm) long, 8” (22cm) wide and 17” (44cm) high (from the bottom of the rudder to the top of the mast), this model sailboat is made for easy handling in the bathtub.
- Who needs batteries when you've got sails? Certainly not this LEGO® Catamaran! It's powered by imagination, so no batteries are required.
- Get building straightaway with full instructions for the Catamaran in the box. Ready to build the Race Power Boat? You’ll find extra instructions for this online.
- Young LEGO® fans can discover a whole new world of building fun with LEGO Technic™ plastic model kits. With cool vehicle designs and realistic functions, the action goes on long after the model is built.
- LEGO® building bricks are designed to the highest industry standards. LEGOTechnic™ building kits are consistent, compatible and connect easily every time.
- LEGO® Technic™ pieces go through robust testing to make sure every building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
June 22nd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0
I would recommend this to a friend!
Purchased for: SelfI was totally surprised and excited to finally get a seagoing technic set. Combined with some ingenuity and the proper parts this set x2 yielded a great though somewhat sluggish pond patroller. By itself with the bluetooth batmobile I had a really fun relatively quick differential steering catamaran. Lego dudes, please make me a bigger boat prop!!! Add it to a new series of technic speedboats if you have to. Great summertime fun!! I highly recommend this kit!Play Experience5.0Value for Money4.0
Was this helpful?55Catamaran
July 21st, 2020Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0
Great Concept, but major design flaw!
Purchased for: SelfBought this off Amazon since Lego was out of stock and should have read the reviews first. It is a well thought out kit, accurate and nice details but clearly nobody in R&D actually put it to the test of actually checking it for being watertight. It shouldn't be advertised as "actually floats" when it is "Actually sinks". I remember as a kid having true waterproof models from Lego that i very much enjoyed. Wouldn't be hard to fix the mold, but should be done in order to give this the credit that it deserves as a cool kit.Value for Money4.0
Was this helpful?25Catamaran
April 24th, 2021Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0
Missing the largest piece!
Purchased for: SonI purchased this set for my son so we could build it together, we were both pretty excited to finally open it only to find that one of the pontoons was missing...the pontoons are the largest pieces in the set and we only got one in the box! I've experienced missing pieces in sets plenty of times before and I'm generally OK with it, I get it, it can happen however this one takes the cake. I've ordered a replacement for missing piece and I do hope Lego do the right thing and send it as this piece alone costs over $50 AUD through their replacement parts service. That's more than I paid for the set itself. I'm sorry this has to be the first review I've left for a set, however this experience was terrible from a QA standpoint. It's the largest piece in the box!April 26, 2021Jane, LEGO® Customer ServiceWe're very sorry about the missing part in your set! If you have any issues getting the part, please give us a call at LEGO.build/Service-BV for assistance.
Was this helpful?15Catamaran
July 21st, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0
Pontoons are not waterproof
I would recommend this to a friend!Awesome set! Bought it to motorize and drive around our pool which it's perfect for. The only downside is the large green and blue pontoons are not waterproof. The green piece and blue piece are technically two separate pieces that come pre-snapped together and create a very small crack between the two pieces. Water will get into the crack and eventually cause the boat to sink. This is easily remedied with clear waterproof tape or something similar but I wasn't expecting this. The default model is also heavy enough that most of the pontoon pieces will be submerged. This allows for water to easily get into the large blue piece. Other than that, fantastic set but if you want it for actual water play, you'll have to modify it a bit.Play Experience4.0Building Experience5.0Value for Money4.0
Was this helpful?45Catamaran